Huawei problem

ndira

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
It seems everybody is worried about Google apps when it comes to Huawei phones. I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about the apps that I've bought in Play Store. If anyone can tell me that I won't have to pay for them again, I wouldn't have a problem getting a new Huawei phone. I can't do without Nova launcher and I've got a paid version. That's the first thing I do on a new phone, replace stock launcher and I can't pay again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

I don't think there's any way to transfer your Play Store purchase to a non-Play Store source. That doesn't work for the Amazon Appstore either. The transaction is not directly with the app developer, it's through the store.

ashune

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
I'm not sure Nova Launcher is even available in Huawei's AppGallery. You'd have to download the apk installation file from the internet (I recommend APKMirror as a safer source of apk files) and install it manually.

To access Nova Launcher's paid features on a phone without the Play Store could prove to be tricky. I suppose you bought the Nova Launcher Prime app that acts as a licence for the main Nova Launcher app's paid features. One way that may work is if you'd download the Nova Launcher Prime app you previously bought to a phone with the Play Store, backup the apk file, transfer it to your new Huawei phone without the Play Store, and install it.

Be cautious though: some paid apps check if you actually bought the app in the Play Store. This check may fail if the Play Store isn't present. If the Nova Launcher Prime app implements such a check, you will not be able to use Nova Launcher's paid features on a phone without the Play Store, even though you bought it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ab07