What is your favorite device?

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I'm just curious to how many people out there have a favorite device that they have used/are using? When I say device, I mean an Android based phone.

I think my favorite/best device I have ever used so far is the Note 10 Plus. My LG V30, which I purchased in 2018 and still have, however, is a very close second.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I love my S10+ for features but my favourite phone was the Pixel 2xl cos I found it sexy in panda. But I am loving my pixel 4a 5G now so I dunno what is my absolute favourite. Probably the 2XL.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
What a great thread topic! Thank you for posting! It's hard for me to pick my all-time favourite. I'd say the Google Pixel 2 was my favourite (I had it in White and loved it), and a close second was my Honor 8. I loved how unique that phone was - and also that no one knew what kind of phone I was using. Two really great devices.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
What a great thread topic! Thank you for posting! It's hard for me to pick my all-time favourite. I'd say the Google Pixel 2 was my favourite (I had it in White and loved it), and a close second was my Honor 8. I loved how unique that phone was - and also that no one knew what kind of phone I was using. Two really great devices.

Thanks!

I love my S10+ for features but my favourite phone was the Pixel 2xl cos I found it sexy in panda. But I am loving my pixel 4a 5G now so I dunno what is my absolute favourite. Probably the 2XL.

I always wanted the S10+ when it was first out, but honestly, I couldn't get past that huge pill shaped cutout. I would kind of consider the Note 10+ like an S10+ on steroids with an S-Pen.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I still prefer an offset hole punch to a centered one. The one on the 4a 5G is nice and out of the way. The bigger one on the S10+ can obstruct at times but there is a setting in one of the good lock apps that allows the screen to end before the punch hole in whichever apps you choose. So I have done that for my dragon game and it helps. I can't get past the notch in an iPhone though and think it is plain ugly ugly ugly. It is why I stuck to an 8 plus as a spare phone. I will keep it until it dies or Apple gets rid of the fugly notch.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I still prefer an offset hole punch to a centered one. The one on the 4a 5G is nice and out of the way. The bigger one on the S10+ can obstruct at times but there is a setting in one of the good lock apps that allows the screen to end before the punch hole in whichever apps you choose. So I have done that for my dragon game and it helps. I can't get past the notch in an iPhone though and think it is plain ugly ugly ugly. It is why I stuck to an 8 plus as a spare phone. I will keep it until it dies or Apple gets rid of the fugly notch.

Personally, I would rather just have a bit of a bezel like the Note 9. I like my display uninterrupted, but the infinity hole punch will do. I would prefer it in the top left corner like Oneplus does.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine would be the LG V20 (sucks they are getting out of the market).

IPS LCD screen
All metal body
Bezels
No notches/hole punches
Replaceable battery
IR blaster
Functional secondary screen
Best manual camera controls
Awesome microphones (arguably better than the V60)
Quick Slide floating apps

What is there not to love?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Mine would be the LG V20 (sucks they are getting out of the market).

IPS LCD screen
All metal body
Bezels
No notches/hole punches
Replaceable battery
IR blaster
Functional secondary screen
Best manual camera controls
Awesome microphones (arguably better than the V60)
Quick Slide floating apps

What is there not to love?
Shame they have left the industry.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Seems like my favorite phone is usually my current phone, which now is a Samsung Note 20U. My Husband's favorite is his Samsung 10+, which is his current phone.

I have to admit that I still miss my Blackberry 9900. Outstanding hardware & keyboard. It's in my closet, so I still visit it.
:)

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine would be the OG 2013 Moto X. It was my first Android phone. I loved the shape and the rubbery back, since I could hold it easily and didn't need to use a case. It was also fun to place on the table or desk and turn it into a big fidget spinner. LOL.

I loved the Moto gestures and the fact that it was otherwise almost stock Android. It was a very fun phone and convinced me to stay with Android, even though I only got one other Moto phone later.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
My panda Pixel 2XL, for sure. It inspired my avatar! ������ Still used it 'till October of last year. Had I not dropped it w/o a case a couple times and then eventually drowned it while in Hawaii, I could see myself still happily using it today.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My panda Pixel 2XL, for sure. It inspired my avatar! ������ Still used it 'till October of last year. Had I not dropped it w/o a case a couple times and then eventually drowned it while in Hawaii, I could see myself still happily using it today.

The Google Pixel 2 XL seems to be a favourite for a lot of users! My friend got his at launch and used it for over two years! It seems to be a phone that works and works well, and so people stick with it.

With regards to the Panda look, I really hope they bring that design back. I know the 6 is *sort of* reminiscent of it, but if they could actually bring back the black and white design, that would be amazing!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Mine would be the OG 2013 Moto X. It was my first Android phone. I loved the shape and the rubbery back, since I could hold it easily and didn't need to use a case. It was also fun to place on the table or desk and turn it into a big fidget spinner. LOL.

I loved the Moto gestures and the fact that it was otherwise almost stock Android. It was a very fun phone and convinced me to stay with Android, even though I only got one other Moto phone later.

Same here...my 2015 Moto X Pure Edition introduced me to tons of cool features I never imagined a phone could do.... it was my first experience with a phone that was also an automatic assistant... whether I was driving, across the room, hands full or whatever. I almost never touched it, I answered calls, made calls, and everything else imaginable all with my voice. That and the build quality, pure android, big screen for the time, big front facing boombox speakers, and curved textured rubber back which made it a dream to hold kept me amazed for the 2+ years I used it.

I still use it to sync my Fitbit... I just used it last night. I enjoyed it as much as ever :p

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

That poor phone got the red-headed stepchild treatment :eek: :D

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Moto phones are awesome! I've always wanted to try one.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Right now the BlackBerry KEY2 is what I keep coming back to, despite how many different phones I've tried in the last few years.

But my favorite has to be the Priv, aside from the abysmal performance (thanks Qualcomm for that 808...)

Most phones out these days I don't find exciting or interesting to use. I get bored of them after a few weeks at the most.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Moto phones are awesome! I've always wanted to try one.
I had the Droid Bionic from them as my first flagship grade Android. That thing was built like a tank! Moto use to be known for great radios and signal reception too, but not sure if that's still the case. I also loved that voice dialing was via their own dedicated dialing app instead of Google Assistant (GA wasn't even around yet). Using GA to voice dial is hit and miss a lot of the time.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I used to simply love my Xiaomi Mi MIX, first edition, when I had it.

Nowadays I just like my Note 10+ and my iPhone 12 Pro Max the same.