I have the Unihertz Titan Pocket...

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Is the keyboard any good?
It's decent, but takes some getting used to due to the different layout (placement of the sym, Alt, Shift keys etc).

Key press is drastically improved from the original Titan. It doesn't give you the cramped thumbs that its big brother did, but the keys are still more firm than say a KEY2 or LE. Its not too far from the KEYone though. Still a bit more fatigue than typing on a VKB though of course.

So if you're comparing it to a Bold 9900 or Classic, of course it's not as good, but I feel that it is better than any non-BB keyboard out there in a while.
But comparing it to their first keyboard phone, it's got major improvements which they should get credit for.

If the 9900 is a 10/10, and the Classic and KEY2 are 8.5/10, the Titan would be 2.5/10 at best, while the Pocket would be a solid 6/10. Adam from TechOdyssey said the keys do break-in a bit over time, so that rating may increase in the next month or so.

It's VERY refreshing to be using a keyboard phone that isn't stuck on Android 8.1

Many cool features with newer Android versions that I was missing out on with my KEY2, and now I can enjoy them with a keyboard.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
It's decent, but takes some getting used to due to the different layout (placement of the sym, Alt, Shift keys etc).

Key press is drastically improved from the original Titan. It doesn't give you the cramped thumbs that its big brother did, but the keys are still more firm than say a KEY2 or LE. Its not too far from the KEYone though. Still a bit more fatigue than typing on a VKB though of course.

So if you're comparing it to a Bold 9900 or Classic, of course it's not as good, but I feel that it is better than any non-BB keyboard out there in a while.
But comparing it to their first keyboard phone, it's got major improvements which they should get credit for.

If the 9900 is a 10/10, and the Classic and KEY2 are 8.5/10, the Titan would be 2.5/10 at best, while the Pocket would be a solid 6/10. Adam from TechOdyssey said the keys do break-in a bit over time, so that rating may increase in the next month or so.

It's VERY refreshing to be using a keyboard phone that isn't stuck on Android 8.1

Many cool features with newer Android versions that I was missing out on with my KEY2, and now I can enjoy them with a keyboard.

What Android OS version did Pocket release with?

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Are there dedicated answer/hang up buttons? Are the calls clear?
There aren't those buttons. I haven't put my SIM in it yet, still getting a feel for it. Also thinking about what my second device would be since I'd likely be dual carrying.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Here it is with a BB10 style homescreen setup.

Note that the keyboard backlighting has a better hue and consistency to it than the TCLBerry's.
c3dee3ca92853f0f2aaa8ee4228e20e3.jpg
06292ae8c3eb90ba3b4c5181b0cfc82d.jpg

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
If dual carry is a must for so many that use a PKB, I then think someone should come up with a thin-client PKB, just basically a remote desktop keyboard, track-pad and mini-screen as a slave device for the actual master phone.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
If dual carry is a must for so many that use a PKB, I then think someone should come up with a thin-client PKB, just basically a remote desktop keyboard, track-pad and mini-screen as a slave device for the actual master phone.
Not enough people to create a market. That has been proven over and over again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty