I have the Unihertz Titan Pocket...

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Tell me you never did this ? Haha
We can definitely carry 2 phones and keys

View attachment 337772

I have my pockets strategically worked out.
Left pocket is keys, wallet and bandana.
Right pocket is phone, pocket knife and pen.
Adding another phone would throw the weight distribution off, make me lean to one side, cause me to develop strain to that knee and the next thing you know I’m having surgery. Is that what you want?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have my pockets strategically worked out.
Left pocket is keys, wallet and bandana.
Right pocket is phone, pocket knife and pen.
Adding another phone would throw the weight distribution off, make me lean to one side, cause me to develop strain to that knee and the next thing you know I’m having surgery. Is that what you want?
No way i want you to have surgery, what happens if you sneeze ? You be in big trouble

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
If dual carry is a must for so many that use a PKB, I then think someone should come up with a thin-client PKB, just basically a remote desktop keyboard, track-pad and mini-screen as a slave device for the actual master phone.
I'd rather that someone just design a half decent keyboard case for popular phones, but not sure how it could be balanced with the weight.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
I’m still not sure many former users would want one. It’s bulk and another thing to carry. I could be wrong but it seems if it was marketable it would be available.
As a PKB fanatic, I still don't think I'd want a separate Bluetooth keyboard appliance. I'd want something integrated with the phone, like the Typo gen 1 for iPhone 5S/SE, or the Samsung S8 keyboard cover.

And it's a vicious cycle "if it was marketable it would be available" but at the same time, it can't be marketable if it's NOT available lol.

There are dozens of keyboard accessories for tablets, why no love whatsoever for keyboard accessories on phones, which EVERYone has in their pocket.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
As a PKB fanatic, I still don't think I'd want a separate Bluetooth keyboard appliance. I'd want something integrated with the phone, like the Typo gen 1 for iPhone 5S/SE, or the Samsung S8 keyboard cover.

And it's a vicious cycle "if it was marketable it would be available" but at the same time, it can't be marketable if it's NOT available lol.

There are dozens of keyboard accessories for tablets, why no love whatsoever for keyboard accessories on phones, which EVERYone has in their pocket.

I know you and I have had this discussion before.

Companies are in the business to maximize profits and minimize risk. It’s easy for us to say “why not” when it’s not our money. You don’t just make something to see if it’s marketable, you study the market in multiple ways to determine that. How many would you have to sell to make a profit? How much does it cost to design and manufacture? I don’t know the answer to these questions but do know that if it was marketable it would be available.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
I know you and I have had this discussion before.

Companies are in the business to maximize profits and minimize risk. It’s easy for us to say “why not” when it’s not our money. You don’t just make something to see if it’s marketable, you study the market in multiple ways to determine that. How many would you have to sell to make a profit? How much does it cost to design and manufacture? I don’t know the answer to these questions but do know that if it was marketable it would be available.
In some cases, wouldn't someone have to attempt it in order to gauge the market if it's essentially never been done before?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
In some cases, wouldn't someone have to attempt it in order to gauge the market if it's essentially never been done before?
No. You can question the market, see what they purchase, see that no one uses pkb phones any more. If it was your money, would you do it or stick to what you know sells and where trends are heading?

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
No. You can question the market, see what they purchase, see that no one uses pkb phones any more. If it was your money, would you do it or stick to what you know sells and where trends are heading?
New trends start somewhere. No one is saying it'll be the next most popular gadget, but it's fairly inexpensive to design and manufacture compared to an actual device. So there's much less risk in that.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
New trends start somewhere. No one is saying it'll be the next most popular gadget, but it's fairly inexpensive to design and manufacture compared to an actual device. So there's much less risk in that.

Boon, you’re speaking like a fan. There’s nothing wrong with that, it’s part of what we do here. I hope someone designs what you’re looking for.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz