Oh and in between for a couple of weeks I used a Note 8.
    An absolutely gorgeous device.
    Just a tad bit too big for me.
    I think with that device you feel like you have a $1K phone.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-09-2017 04:13 PM
    Oh and in between for a couple of weeks I used a Note 8.
    An absolutely gorgeous device.
    Just a tad bit too big for me.
    I think with that device you feel like you have a $1K phone.
    How did you like the camera on the Note 8 compared to that on the OG Pixel?
    11-09-2017 04:16 PM
    How did you like the camera on the Note 8 compared to that on the OG Pixel?
    I would say that they're pretty comparable. I didn't play much with the zoom functionality with the secondary camera.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-10-2017 02:42 PM
    The USPS and FedEx guys were quite busy today.
    kct1975 and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-10-2017 02:43 PM
    The in hand ergonomics of the Pixel 2 are miles ahead of those for the original Pixel.

I'm very happy with my choice.
    kct1975, Laura Knotek and davidnc like this.
    11-10-2017 02:44 PM
    So I just landed a new job that comes with a significant increase in pay!

I gave my Two Weeks Notice this morning...and last night driving home from my current job...this song started going through my head...
    11-10-2017 03:51 PM

I gave my Two Weeks Notice this morning...and last night driving home from my current job...this song started going through my head...
    Congratulations and good luck! ☺️
    kct1975 and davidnc like this.
    11-10-2017 04:57 PM

Congratz on your new job !!
    Laura Knotek and kct1975 like this.
    11-13-2017 08:06 AM

That's awesome! Congratulations!
    Laura Knotek and kct1975 like this.
    11-14-2017 09:43 AM
    The AT&T guys are invading my apartment building installing fibre for for Internet.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-15-2017 01:43 PM
    Pixel 2 - First day experience.

Backstory - I finally DID it. Sold every other phone I had. The only backup device I now have is a Lumia 925! I just reset the Pixel XL that I used for 15 days and packed it to ship it out.

Mini review will be posted first week in December. Next week is Thanksgiving and following week I am in Minnesota for work.

Okay, so on with the initial experience.

Size - Despite being a smidgen taller, this phone feels better ergonomically than the original Pixel. It could be due to the fact that it is slightly thinner and there is no slope from bottom to top on the back cover. Also the case I have is probably the best thin case I have found. I would have liked for them to have stereo speakers and a small chin top and bottom like the Pixel 2 XL though.

Screen - No issues. For that matter, I didn't have any issues with the OG Pixel screen as well.

Speakers - they sound great. No issues. As I said before would have liked a smaller bezel (chin) top and bottom like the Pixel 2 XL.

No headphone jack - biggest gripe. Google's dongle isn't great compared to Apple's and is expensive. Also for some bizarre reason the phone doesn't like my Motorola USB-C dongle. Go figure. I am currently charging my BT headphones and will provide an update about that later. This is probably the biggest disappointment so far.

OS - Fluid, fluid, fluid. This is is definitely snappier and faster on Oreo compared to the OG Pixel. I would say the experience on this device now closely rivals what folks get on iOS and ifruit devices.

Camera - no test driving yet.

Google Assistant using the squeeze function. I can see the benefit of it but so far have mistakenly activated it a couple of times. If it gets annoying then I will turn it off.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-15-2017 02:15 PM
52,436 ... 209620972098
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD