[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

dahlheim

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] Galaxy Nexus CRACKFLASHERS | SECRET LAIR ;-)

i have been running axiom crossbreed in its original form since i got my gnex last month (tried oem for an hour or two, but my experience with dx roms was too good to do that, and why the heck else would i have a gnex?). runs real well, although it does about once a day start to lag a little, which seems fixed with a reboot. everything seems to work well. i have had a single instance when several successive calls to the same number resulted in a muted mic on my end (not so indicated by the toggle icon, but toggling it twice fixed the problem), and one single dropped call. i don't live in a 4g area.

convince me to try something else? i don't know much about the individual roms.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

i have been running axiom crossbreed in its original form since i got my gnex last month (tried oem for an hour or two, but my experience with dx roms was too good to do that, and why the heck else would i have a gnex?). runs real well, although it does about once a day start to lag a little, which seems fixed with a reboot. everything seems to work well. i have had a single instance when several successive calls to the same number resulted in a muted mic on my end (not so indicated by the toggle icon, but toggling it twice fixed the problem), and one single dropped call. i don't live in a 4g area.

convince me to try something else? i don't know much about the individual roms.

Axiom from a month is very outdated in terms of rom progression. Try liquid 1.25 or patient zero m1 or aokp b33.

They are flat out better.

And, you will often have lag after a week or four runing custom rooms that really aren't meant to go that long unless you perform cache and dalvik wipes, generally.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

And, you will often have lag after a week or four runing custom rooms that really aren't meant to go that long unless you perform cache and dalvik wipes, generally.

Fwiw I've personally never found that to be true... Roms shouldn't just build up lag like that. Sometimes your system will due to mem leakage with a lot of up-time, but that just takes a reboot to clear up. I've never known of a ROM to just lag up after a couple weeks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Fwiw I've personally never found that to be true... Roms shouldn't just build up lag like that. Sometimes your system will due to mem leakage with a lot of up-time, but that just takes a reboot to clear up. I've never known of a ROM to just lag up after a couple weeks.

Me neither, until now lol. Rebooting, wiping, etc. was only a temporary problem. It took ~ 5-6 days for the lag to "build, then it would take maybe a day to come back after a wipe or reboot. Very odd. Has to be some sort of voodoo with the memory/apps.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I've found this to be true on basically every rom on every phone i've had ... with a couple exceptions like maybe cm7 stable for droid incredible.

Maybe it's just me and im imagining it.

Anyway, i hardly ever stay on a rom for more than 4-5 days at a time as it is.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I've found this to be true on basically every rom on every phone i've had ... with a couple exceptions like maybe cm7 stable for droid incredible.

Maybe it's just me and im imagining it.

Anyway, i hardly ever stay on a rom for more than 4-5 days at a time as it is.

Nah I am (was) experiencing the same issues, as was another guy who rarely if ever posts here. My phone went from lightning to being a 600lb woman eating through a Sizzler buffet. Made no sense.

I presume a good way to figure it out is this ==>

(1) Wipe DATA/CACHE/DALVIK
(2) Don't flash another rom
(3) Then, it must be data, right? If it's fine? RIGHT?

B/c flashing another rom kinda just hides the issue instead of really getting to the root of it.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Just played 18 holes of tiger woods pga '12. lost on the 18th hole. really disappointed in myself :(

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Isn't it weird how most whiners' excuses about not rooting are about them not having time and not trying to make their phones a 'hobby'... Yet they seem to have plenty of time to spend trolling the forums?

Give me any stock gnex.. In 5 minutes it can unlocked and on a 4.0.4 rom.. Even a stock rom. Freaking whiny little cowards I just want to pimp slap the lot of them.

/rant

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Isn't it weird how most whiners' excuses about not rooting are about them not having time and not trying to make their phones a 'hobby'... Yet they seem to have plenty of time to spend trolling the forums?

Give me any stock gnex.. In 5 minutes it can unlocked and on a 4.0.4 rom.. Even a stock rom. Freaking whiny little cowards I just want to pimp slap the lot of them.

/rant

haha yup.

it's a good hobby to have anyway.

btw we've got adviser bio's coming your way soon. DMM, the challenge has been presented.. Since you're hitchiker's guide is so on point, you're gonna have to come pretty hard with this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2defmouze

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I called the one dude out, but in hindsight I probably should just ignore everyone. Hypocrisy is annoying though. Whatever.

*customized tapatalk signature*

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Nah, most of the trolls in these parts have a collective intelligence of a garden snail, so I'm not that worried ;)
Lol true bit there's no 'winning' vs morons. Spit all the sense and logic you want its useless haha :)

I called the one dude out, but in hindsight I probably should just ignore everyone. Hypocrisy is annoying though. Whatever.

*customized tapatalk signature*

It's way easier to preach silence lol..

Reactions: oxymoron

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
As I said it's way easier to preach... Just got frustrated enough to chime in myself out there... I'm sure the 8 beers and 4 shots I've had so far tonight had no effect..... ;)

Reactions: oxymoron

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
B33 is a champ so far btw.

I know his situation is bad, but any word from dt?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Reactions: zero neck