[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I think I am getting closer on the riddle lumenii you get a message? I'm not saying this one in the thread
...and I really need a new phone..:D because it somewhat makes sense...:thumbup:

Message received and answered. ;) Everything you guys have guessed at so far has made sense ? doesn't mean it's the answer.

So I'll be spending some time with guys from Bungie/343 before I head over to the midnight event and release for Halo 4, I'll be active on Chatter while I'm there and I'll throw up some pics later tonight (likely around 1AM Pacific) of the midnight release, Halo 4, and the ridiculous collection of limited edition/signed Halo/Bungie/343/other gear that I've amassed while knowing/working with these guys in the past. It's gonna be a good night.

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Place is DESTROYED. Messed up.

Yeah, I have a friend who lives (lived?) there right on the coast. Said his building has like 3 feet of sand covering the entire ground floor. Not sure if they're going to condemn the building or not, but it looks like at least a month to restore water and another month after that for power IF the building isn't condemned. He and his wife had their cars totalled too (he parked them on "high ground" for long beach, but it didn't matter).

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Busy day chatterites. Best news so far is that my Mustang will get a build/delivery schedule on Thursday.

Also, here's what she'll look like:

Ford%5CMustang%5C2013%5C8197_cc0480_032_CI.jpg

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Nice car Dylan. Hope you have a connection to a good traffic lawyer for the tickets your going to score in that ride. Trust me I've had my days of mustangs and camaros ;)

On another note... 5 pounds of meat on the stove browning for chili :)

uploadfromtaptalk1352146475151.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Wish I could relive those days Dylan. I did a full rebuild frame up of a 78 Camaro with my dad. New 93 Camaro and then a 95 Mustang which I still have in the garage today. Had a ton of fun along with a mess of tickets :p

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I like to use different varieties of meat in my chili. I typically include ground beef (no more than 80% lean), bulk italian sausage, stew beef (or another cut cubed) and bacon. All chili should contain bacon. And beer. Beer is the magical ingredient for chili. I'm sure I'll be making some in the next few weeks and will post copious amounts of pictures.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I like to use different varieties of meat in my chili. I typically include ground beef (no more than 80% lean), bulk italian sausage, stew beef (or another cut cubed) and bacon. All chili should contain bacon. And beer. Beer is the magical ingredient for chili. I'm sure I'll be making some in the next few weeks and will post copious amounts of pictures.

I do a beef and chorizo chili with negra modelo.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I keep this batch toned down because of the kids. If I want real chili i go over to my step dad's. He just empties the spice cabinet into the pot along with all the other goods and lets it simmer for about 8 to 10 hours.. man its good!

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I do a beef and chorizo chili with negra modelo.

Chorizo is another excellent option.

I keep this batch toned down because of the kids. If I want real chili i go over to my step dad's. He just empties the spice cabinet into the pot along with all the other goods and lets it simmer for about 8 to 10 hours.. man its good!

I usually have some kick to my chili. The last "hot" batch I made I added too many habaneros (5-7, don't remember) that I cut up wearing gloves so my hands didn't swell up like marshmallows. Tried adding some baker's chocolate (unsweetened) to kill the heat a bit as it was too hot for me even with some sour cream added to it. I actually contemplated doubling up the recipe and leaving all hot peppers out as a way to bring down the fire but I got too lazy to do that so I just toughed it out and at it hot. I like things hot but damn did that go too far. Lesson learned.

Edit: my beer of choice for chili is Killian's. Decent flavor combo with the chili, but not too high-quality of a beer that I feel like I'm wasting it. A splash of Cab Sauv is another good addition. Cooking with booze is the bees knees.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Chorizo is another excellent option.

I usually have some kick to my chili. The last "hot" batch I made I added too many habaneros (5-7, don't remember) that I cut up wearing gloves so my hands didn't swell up like marshmallows. Tried adding some baker's chocolate (unsweetened) to kill the heat a bit as it was too hot for me even with some sour cream added to it. I actually contemplated doubling up the recipe and leaving all hot peppers out as a way to bring down the fire but I got too lazy to do that so I just toughed it out and at it hot. I like things hot but damn did that go too far. Lesson learned.

Edit: my beer of choice for chili is Killian's. Decent flavor combo with the chili, but not too high-quality of a beer that I feel like I'm wasting it. A splash of Cab Sauv is another good addition. Cooking with booze is the bees knees.

Did you ever see my habanero pepper jelly post?