Skyfire Releases v2.2 for Android!

Skyfire

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey Skyfire users, update 2.2 for Android (beta) is now LIVE in the Android Market! Please give it a try and tell us about your experience, we appreciate the feedback. For more information about new features visit our website at Skyfire.com, thank you.

GlitchZero

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, I liked the interface..I'm kind of confused; outside of Flash video, is there a big difference from the stock browser?

Is it supposed to be ultra fast, pretty interface, highest definition, something like that? Forgive my ignorance; I'm new to all this stuff.

Skyfire

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the question and for trying Skyfire! Skyfire 2.x is not a browser as much as it is a “cloud service” that boosts the performance and features of the native browser on any device. When you download Skyfire 2.x as a consumer, you get everything your default browser would do, and more. Our goal is to enable our user's to watch all the videos they watch on their favorite desktop websites on their mobile device. We are adding support for new sites each day.

shaakezula

May 15, 2010
Visit site
skyfire is absolutely HORRIBLE...unstable..flaky..i installed it on my evo..it shut down every 2 minutes..u go to browse..it shut down..completely unreliable..i then installed it on my old hero thinking it was my phone..NOPE just as craptacular on the hero too..when skyfire gets thier ~bleep~ together...i'll re install it..worked like a charm on winmo fones

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
While I use the stock browser for day-to-day use, Skyfire is great for watching videos such as the Daily Show and Colbert Report directly from their sites. Great job, Skyfire dudes!

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
skyfire is absolutely HORRIBLE...unstable..flaky..i installed it on my evo..it shut down every 2 minutes..u go to browse..it shut down..completely unreliable..i then installed it on my old hero thinking it was my phone..NOPE just as craptacular on the hero too..when skyfire gets thier ~bleep~ together...i'll re install it..worked like a charm on winmo fones

While I agree Skyfire isn't fast/reliable enough to replace the stock broswer, I dont think it is that bad.

I used it on a Hero and found it to be a good backup browser specifically for video. The stock browser is my go-to, but there are times when I can't watch a video through it and I will just go directly to the site with Skyfire if I want to watch the video bad enough.