Anyone considering switching to iOS now?

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. If you're already in that system, it's great. If you're already on Android, they just picked up some things Android already had, so what's the benefit of moving? You gain nothing (in terms of features) and still lose some functionality.

This.

A revamped UI doesn't bring this up to Android, strictly from a functionality standpoint.

Android 4.2, PACman ROM, and the Nexus 4 are three reasons I wouldn't even considering stepping backwards to iOS.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Ive not long had my note 2. I don't see anything on ios7 that I cant do. Although ios7 looks very slick and we'll designed, I'd say it looks beautiful. I'd be tempted to change back to an iphone if they release a larger better phone in the fall with ios7. I still don't like how controlled it is though.

Posted via Android Central App

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if you're joking or serious.

You're essentially saying now that on old obsolete os has some of the newer features Android has had for a few years and paired with hardware that us more than a year old. Are we switching.

I think I'll stay current and say with Android.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
My main gripe with android is worrying about battery and getting optimal performance or worrying things are bogging it down. With iPhone, since it's under lock and key from apple, I don't need to worry about that so much.

With iOS 7 this may change as I guess it's now full on multitasking with apps running in the background all the time now instead of apps being allowed very specific tasks to manage battery and CPU usage.

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

You're essentially saying now that on old obsolete os has some of the newer features Android has had for a few years and paired with hardware that us more than a year old. Are we switching.

Lol, I understand this is an Android forums but obsolete???? Makes you look like a fanboy dude! Nothing is obsolete about iOS

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Makes you look like a fanboy dude! Nothing is obsolete about iOS

LOL yeah I suppose your right if your looking at my post an Apple fanboy or fanboy of platform X, Y, or Z.

But if you look at it from a technologist point of view I just want the most innovate platform for my needs, one that makes my life easier today. Not one that has been playing catch up since 2011. Even WP8 and BB10 have come up with innovative UI and features that are exciting and making their OS relevant and modern.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Yeah. I think iphones feel better made and the retina displays are better than my note 2 screen. The whites on my screen look dull compared to how they look on my ipad retina.

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
For me, Android works best and fits everything I need and want in a mobile device. Although ios7 is a great leap from prior versions, its not compelling enough to make me want a change in what I use. I will likely get to tinker with it early next year as my wife will be upgrading to the newest device.

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
With all the customization to Android I can't even fathom switching to iOS right now. I'm a huge Apple fan by the way as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 2 using Tapatalk 2

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
No considering apple once again filled to innovate by filling ios with features from their competitors, I wouldn't. They stole from palm, blackberry, windows phone and android.

I have a twitter message from pc world on my twitter that links an article that list some of the most prominent features apple stole, that they claimed to have innovated.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
No considering apple once again filled to innovate by filling ios with features from their competitors, I wouldn't. They stole from palm, blackberry, windows phone and android.

I have a twitter message from pc world on my twitter that links an article that list some of the most prominent features apple stole, that they claimed to have innovated.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

I think you're confusing the definition of invention with innovation.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 2 using Tapatalk 2

nia820

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I just sold my iphone 5 after just owning for 2 weeks (had a note 2 prior to that). I hated that thing . The screen was too small,boring and no real customizable options without having to jailbreak it. Battery wasnt too great either. Buying an iphone 5 was waste of my money. Now I have a gs4 and happy.

Apple is going to have to do a lot to bring me back on board. I still prefer ipad over android tablets though.

spawndoodling

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I can definitely understand why some people would consider switching. That being said, I don't think I'm one of them right now.

Practically speaking, there's no way I'm breaking my 2 year contract and switching. My S3 also still feels brand new and I've had it since Thanksgiving.

That being said, I'm not too convinced I would switch if I had the opportunity. I think what we are seeing on all ends is a slowdown in big new features to draw people in to different OS's. It's more apparent to me now than it was when BlackBerry outed BB10 with little fanfare or eye opening features. Apple pushed aesthetics and design, which have always been appealing to me, but they've done little in the way of being less restrictive and being innovative lately.

I love the way iOS7 looks. That being said, I'm not willing to sacrifice functionality over looks, especially when Android is customizable and Google's new framework for app design is also becoming a lot more attractive. The larger screen, removable battery, expandable storage, and large # of settings on my Galaxy and in the Android platform allows me to have the phone that suits me best.

What I do like is how Apple does simplicity very well, and I think Google (and Samsung and HTC) have been very nonchalant about making the Android experience easier for its users. Syncing with my computer is even less straightforward than when I had a Windows Phone (and I have a MB Pro). Kies is awful and the simple file transfer app doesn't really offer a lot in the way of features. If I don't want to exist in the cloud framework, I get stuck with poor options to share content between my laptop and my phone. I know Google and Samsung, even, are capable of creating a functional desktop/computer app that makes life easier for its users - but I don't think this is the direction they want to go in.

But I think I would more or less consider switching because the iPhone has all but dominated my friends. They use iMessage and make it harder to communicate with them because they want to group MMS versus using even better apps like Whatsapp or group me to communicate. I live in such an iPhone centric world that it makes it difficult for me to have my phone in many instances. So it's not that the S3 or Android are inferior, but rather that being the lone person without an Android among friends makes it harder to communicate and maximize the potential of my phone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using AC Forums mobile app

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I feel that Apple holds back innovation purposefully in order to keep changes steady and incremental and I don't appreciate that. If the technology is there and you plan to implement them in your devices, do it! Why would I want to wait for LTE when everyone else has it. Why do I want to wait for a lager screen? They know what people want but they are metering it out in order to keep from giving customers too much at once and not having anything left for them to have a reason to upgrade to the next version of the device.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I feel that Apple holds back innovation purposefully in order to keep changes steady and incremental and I don't appreciate that. If the technology is there and you plan to implement them in your devices, do it! Why would I want to wait for LTE when everyone else has it. Why do I want to wait for a lager screen? They know what people want but they are metering it out in order to keep from giving customers too much at once and not having anything left for them to have a reason to upgrade to the next version of the device.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

Exactly. The first iPhone didn't even have a flash for the camera and was stuck on Edge speeds. But they were able to market those missing things later on. To charge that much for a phone and expect people to only use the camera in daytime was a little unreasonable.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
iOS can't compete with AOSP, but manufacturers sure like to bungle up the 'customizations' and absolutely kill the quality and fluidity of the UI.