The Sprint Spark "theoretical Speeds" Article.

Cnorris92

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Sprint Spark: theoretical speeds are theoretical | Android Central
I give the guy props for trying to start a riot. lol But seriously, people who actually live in these areas who post proof they're connected to Band 41. Those people Actually HIT those theoretical speeds. I don't know where he was or when he did it. But the article is horribly miss-informing. He should have posted an engineering screenshot of him being connected to Band 41 while doing speedtests. Those speeds are way too low. People who know what I'm talking about will back me up.
I'm just tired of seeing people bashing Sprint, when Sprint Spark is the best thing to hit the US out of ALL of the carriers and then an article like this makes it seem like Sprint Spark is a waste of time.
Just my two cents
-

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
After reading the article, it doesn't really seem to me that he's bashing Sprint. In fact, there's a lot of positive stuff in there regarding Sprint's service in NYC (and it sounded like it even outdid Verizon in some areas).

In addition, it sounds like he was doing a real world test. I don't know much about Sprint's various bands, but realistically, the majority of users aren't going to want to figure out how to connect to Band 41--they'll just want it to happen. For people who are connected to the correct band (or who know how to do it), that's great, and more power to them.

I don't see the article implying that Spark is a waste of time--he says explicitly that it has potential and that we should keep our eye on it, but the full potential hasn't been realized yet.

And yes, I'm jealous of your 60 MBPS download speed.:p

Cnorris92

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
no, I'm not saying like that. But the whole point of the Spark network is to be ON band 41 brother. That's what I mean, that is real world use is being on band 41. It's inaccurate to be on any other band because you don't reach 60MB the way you do on B41.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And please don't get me wrong--I want Sprint to do well with this, because it will only drive more improvement and innovation from other wireless providers as well, which is good for everyone!

Cnorris92

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I know, it's mis-leading. Right now band 41 is the true definition of Spark. That's what make Spark So great because they all run on one server rack instead of 3. So adding a small server rack for capacity will take 10 minutes. Which is revolutionary. Have you ever seen an att tower with LTE and it's HPSA network? TALK ABOUT A MESS LOL! Sprint's LTE is on the sdame network and there are 3, 6ftx2ft boxes on a platform that's alone a quarter of the size of ATT's whole setup. There is soo much room for future equipment like Clearwire stuff when tri band comes here. Sprint's area is all nice and neat and then there is ATTs setup. There is wires everywhere, hanging out and A crap ton of boxes. BUT Sprint's network vs ATT's LTE network wins. I can't wait for Spark to come to my City. It'll be awesome!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you think there's any danger of overloading the network if everyone is trying to hop onto Band 41?

Cnorris92

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Of course, but there's the thing. It broadcasts all 3, depends where you are to connect to the band if i remember correctly.
Excuse my grammar, I'm exhausted from work. Sorry m8

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's definitely something to watch. Personally, I'm getting a little tired of Verizon's paltry 5-6 MBPS download speed, in the heart of the Silicon Valley no less. They claim they're going to really beef up their 4G network in 2014--we'll see!

Cnorris92

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Well yeah, every carrier should be ****ting there pants once Sprint is 50% done with Spark.
Well, it's definitely something to watch. Personally, I'm getting a little tired of Verizon's paltry 5-6 MBPS download speed, in the heart of the Silicon Valley no less. They claim they're going to really beef up their 4G network in 2014--we'll see!
Sprint's the ONLY carrier replacing every piece of equipment on there towers and upgrading to allow adding capacity and other things a 2 hour job IF THAT! Which is awesome

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Well yeah, every carrier should be ****ting there pants once Sprint is 50% done with Spark.Sprint's the ONLY carrier replacing every piece of equipment on there towers and upgrading to allow adding capacity and other things a 2 hour job IF THAT! Which is awesome

I highly doubt that people that live in rural areas will ever see spark,let alone lte.

Posted via Android Central App

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm rural PA and I NEVER thought we'd ever see 4G, but when I got the Note 3 and i set it up I switched on CDMA/LTE just to check out the settings etc. And voila! 4G. It's not 100% stable but I was shocked none the less. So, there is hope Obiwan.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Cheaper to service major cities since there are more people .

Actually it costs more and takes a more hit on the network with a large city and like the poster above said she got LTE in a rural area.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Actually it costs more and takes a more hit on the network with a large city and like the poster above said she got LTE in a rural area.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

But, isn't the cost spread around due to more people in cities though?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez