Sending Text to a group over MMS...

jpstephens225

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I text the players on my team several times a week with updates, practice schedules, etc. On my old iphone, I had an app that would take a group I had set up and dump it into the messaging app. This allowed me to quickly send texts to all the players without having to enter each recipient into the app every time. I've played with several texting apps on my Moto X, but so far none have this function. I also cannot find an app to set up a group and select it as the message recipient. Can anyone suggest something? I've used GOSms Pro, but the groups it pulls from gmail don't always sync correctly. Any ideas?

Ealevenish

Banned
Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I text the players on my team several times a week with updates, practice schedules, etc. On my old iphone, I had an app that would take a group I had set up and dump it into the messaging app. This allowed me to quickly send texts to all the players without having to enter each recipient into the app every time. I've played with several texting apps on my Moto X, but so far none have this function. I also cannot find an app to set up a group and select it as the message recipient. Can anyone suggest something? I've used GOSms Pro, but the groups it pulls from gmail don't always sync correctly. Any ideas?

If I interpret you correctly you use the verb texting, but you are really talking about instant messaging, a.k.a. chat, as opposed to SMS, am I right? So everyone on the team has a smartphone, right?

jpstephens225

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I need this to go over sms. I don't want them to have to all have hangouts or whatsapp...it's all gotta travel over sms to their phones. Gmail, which holds my contacts, has groups set up and I can email to them easily. I can't figure out why there isn't an option to send an sms (or mms since it's a group message) to a pre-determined group. Instead i have to enter each person in every time I send a message. These are teenagers, and they use texting (sms) for everything.

jpstephens225

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
[quoted post deleted by moderator]

No one said anything about "sense". I just asked if anyone had app suggestions. Don't need convincing that they should use something else. I just need them to get the information. Gotta send it where they are. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Keep the discussion civil and on-topic. If you don't care for the thread or a post, then simply move on. Posting to complain about the thread or posting in a non-constructive manner is inappropriate. I suggest that those involved take the opportunity to review the forum rules.

Thread has been cleaned up.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II