Well turkey un block YouTube?

ahawkua

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm just wondering if turkey will unblock YouTube. Also will something like that ever happen in the United states?

Posted via Android Central App

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
1. Question better asked of the local government
2. Probably not, unless there are freedom of speech/press restrictions allowed upon declaration of martial law. I'm not sure if the Suspension clause trumps the Bill of Rights.

Dr Rose

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
....Many of the users still using VPN service for unblock all social networks and other geo-restricted sites.Because all these brutal actions continuously rising the demand of vpn in the region to unblock YouTube and twitter quickly.....

Ok, people use VPN to bypass the government restriction but what if they basically blocked VPN as well. You know it's can simply done by blocking VPN ports and protocol. Just block 1723/tcp and protocol 47 (GRE) and you've blocked PPTP VPN, the most common form of VPN. IPsec VPN can be blocked by blocking 500/udp and protocol esp+ah. The more rare SSL-only form of VPN is probably blocked using blacklists and so on.
In my humble opinion we should look for an alternative bypassing method that hardly gets blocked.

Dr Rose

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
They can block YouTube or Twitter anywhere. With so many ways to overcome the block it's just useless.
But there are still some workarounds like connecting to OpenVPN through port 443.

OpenVPN by default uses TCP port 80, so it is common for firewalls to monitor port 80 (and other commonly used ports), rejecting encrypted traffic that tries to use it (or them). TCP port 443 is the default port used by HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure), the protocol used to secure https:// websites, and used throughout the internet by banks, gmail, twitter, and many more essential web services.
Not only is the use of OpenVPN, which like HTTPS uses SSL encryption, very difficult to detect over port 443, but blocking that port would severely cripple access to the internet and is therefore not usually a viable option for would-be web censors.

In my last travel to China I also used the following purevpn.com android app that help me to bypass the restrictions, so I think it worth to give it a shot in Turkey as well:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.gaditek.purevpnics&token=hja7qIA7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress