Moving to Germany/Europe for 15 months...Moto X vs. Nexus 5 global capabilities?

turbotooslow

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I've used both, I love both. I need an unlocked phone simply as a nonphone device, with the option to join a european carrier if need be.

I know all about the performance and specs and UI and blah blah blah...

What im curious about is whether one is, for some reason, better suited for living/traveling around Europe? A chip? A little alien inside that speaks German? I don't know what could make one better in this area, but there may be something. So, is there?

Thank you!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I've used both, I love both. I need an unlocked phone simply as a nonphone device, with the option to join a european carrier if need be.

What im curious about is whether one is, for some reason, better suited for living/traveling around Europe? A chip? A little alien inside that speaks German? I don't know what could make one better in this area, but there may be something. So, is there?

Thank you!

Probably the Nexus 5. It supports multiple bands and would work swell. :p

You should check this article out, as there are two versions of the Nexus 5.

http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus-5-models-whats-different-between-two

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

15 months?
Then I would purchase my phone over there to get a valid and working warranty scheme.
The warranty on hardware purchased in one country does not apply in another country.
You don't need to worry about the capabilities of hardware purchased in Germany. They are state-of-the-art. Ask the NSA...

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The Nexus 5 is definitely better in terms of band support. If that's your deciding factor go for it. If not, I'd get the X as I think its features make it a better phone

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87