Moto X or Nexus 5 or mabye even Moto G

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
My wife has an Android 4.1.1 / heartbleed problem. I have to check with our carrier, but in case that doesn?t work out and she wont be updated so we are in the market. I plan to give her my iPhone 5 and use this opportunity to check out Android once more. (my last Android phone was a Moto Droid 2). Question.

1. Nexus 5 or Moto X? I like the Moto X especially all the features people praise so highly, my only qualm which has me looking at the Nexus is the screen. How is the 720 screen as compared to the Nexus? 1080p.

2 Are either good buys this late in the game? I look at them because the price is right. I rather just get a decent though not expensive phone to give Android a good try and later this year when it is upgrade time decide between another Android phone or the new iPhone.

3. How noticeably underpowered is the Moto G?

Help AC guys.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
All Androids have the Heartbleed vulnerability. I tested my Nexus 5 with the app from Lookout and the results are exactly the same as on my older phone which has 4.1.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Really? That i didn?t know.

Everyone who tested their phone in the Note 3 forum, etc., got the same result. So I don't know if the tests are doing something wrong, or if all Android versions have the bug.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Anyhow I made my decision and bought a Moto X. Now awaiting it?s delivery. It looks like a very decent device, not too big, nice screen, cool accessibility features and cheaper than the Nexus 5 where I am. I want the phone to hold me until the fall, at which point, observing what Apple does, I would make a decision between Android and iOS going forward. I hope I made a good decision.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The Moto X is a great phone, I think you'll like it. If I were in the market for a new phone right now myself (particularly an inexpensive one), the X is what I'd get.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
HeartBleed is not a Android problem but it a OpenSSL encryption protocol problem. So anything using an internet browser that makes use of OpenSSL to transmit sensitive information is at risk. Not the Android OS itself.

To date there is only one instance where someone is only suspected of making use of it. Google even stated they have no record of the HeartBleed being exploited in the wild at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo