Blackberry 10 Devices Releasing In Fall

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Beyond the software capabilities, "can the NSA hack into BB or not", there is simply the question of ethics.
Blackberry simply did not open their legs to the NSA and shout "come and get it" like Android, Apple and Microsoft did.
I know most here don't care about that, but personally I do and I'm betting that a fairly large number of BB users feel the same way.
Can the NSA hack into Blackberry? Probably.
But they don't volunteer to have their clients records exposed.

Yeah thats true but that doesn't mean that Google and Samsung cant beef up their security that rivals BlackBerry's. They are already working on it and have the resources to do it snd if they do thats the final nail in the coffin for BB.

Posted Via AT&T Galaxy Note 3

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I dont do anything illegal and use my phone for personal use so I really dont care if the NSA has my information. I care more about variety of phones I can buy and being able to customize my phone. Its all about what OS works best for you

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Beyond the software capabilities, "can the NSA hack into BB or not", there is simply the question of ethics.
Blackberry simply did not open their legs to the NSA and shout "come and get it" like Android, Apple and Microsoft did.
I know most here don't care about that, but personally I do and I'm betting that a fairly large number of BB users feel the same way.

So American companies voluntarily allowed their government body to allow them to have their customers data? Are you serious? Of course they allowed them hut they didn't willingly let them in they HAD to let them in, it's the government.

BlackBerry can and will be hacked if need be but I am assuming the NSA, don't want to bother or didn't have jurisdiction to do so because it is Canadian based.

Posted via Droid Razr M on the Android Central App

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

Actually you don't have the slightest idea of what the true story is either way. But please don't let that stop you from engaging in melodramatic erotic analogies, I wouldn't want to cramp your style or well reasoned, articulate, and rational approach to information.

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
So American companies voluntarily allowed their government body to allow them to have their customers data? Are you serious? Of course they allowed them hut they didn't willingly let them in they HAD to let them in, it's the government.

BlackBerry can and will be hacked if need be but I am assuming the NSA, don't want to bother or didn't have jurisdiction to do so because it is Canadian based.

actually to borrow Guppy's analogy, the CDN government intelligence opens their legs for NSA on a regular basis. So Blackberry's country of origin doesn't matter.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
actually to borrow Guppy's analogy, the CDN government intelligence opens their legs for NSA on a regular basis. So Blackberry's country of origin doesn't matter.

That's make it even worse, so guppy was flat out wrong and BlackBerry is just as vulnerable. Well, I am glad that was cleared up. So besides security (now that is out of the window) what was so compelling about BlackBerry's offerings?

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
That's make it even worse, so guppy was flat out wrong and BlackBerry is just as vulnerable. Well, I am glad that was cleared up. So besides security (now that is out of the window) what was so compelling about BlackBerry's offerings?

Nothing thats why nobody but hard core BB users by them

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Good question. My personal phone is a Z30, and my company phone is a Z10. I enjoy the large screen on the Z30 from a typing perspective. 5 to 5.2 is the perfect size for me.

Posted via Android Central App on BlackBerry Z30

Ok I understand now :)

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

Nobody knows the truth about that except the NSA. If you believe everything the media tells you then your living in a dream world

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Unless your doing something illegal with your phone then you have nothing to worry about. The most the NSA can get out of my phone is my contacts and my location. Im not a drug dealer or have any warrants so I could careless if they get my contacts or location I have nothing to hide

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Blackberry is a solid device. You see them more in the business world than anything and I believe the reason why we all have Android phones is because it's a trend right now. Everyone has one so everyone keeps one. No one wants to fall out of line. I remember this same trend with BB a while ago. I had BB Pearl 8130, Original Curve and the next 2 that came out after and then the BB Bold. I liked the Bold the best. At that time everyone was making the switch to Android. I actually had no problem with BB. Simple phone, easy to use yet more options than an iPhone. If I could I would get my Bold back and run it again.

My opinion is this. You go with the phone that suits your needs and not the needs of others. Don't follow someone because they may get mad at you for your likes.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Blackberry is a solid device. You see them more in the business world than anything and I believe the reason why we all have Android phones is because it's a trend right now. Everyone has one so everyone keeps one. No one wants to fall out of line. I remember this same trend with BB a while ago. I had BB Pearl 8130, Original Curve and the next 2 that came out after and then the BB Bold. I liked the Bold the best. At that time everyone was making the switch to Android. I actually had no problem with BB. Simple phone, easy to use yet more options than an iPhone. If I could I would get my Bold back and run it again.

My opinion is this. You go with the phone that suits your needs and not the needs of others. Don't follow someone because they may get mad at you for your likes.

I agree and thats why I sold my BlackBerry and bought the Note 3 because it suits my needs and BlackBerry doesn't

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

You no longer see them in the business world like before. Why? Because people wanted more and we're tired of carrying two devices. BlackBerry sat back and did nothing. Now they are a niche at best.

Posted via Android Central App

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Although BB does not have a stronghold in the business world like before, my statement still stands. BB is great at what it does do. Hands down any BB can outdo any Droid, iPhone, windows, etc when it comes to business. Right out of the box. Plus, there battery lasts longer. I like Android just as much as anyone but seriously speaking. I care about battery performance and phone quality over anything else. I don't need a top end device to do what a low end device can do. Makes no sense at all to spend alot more on a high end phone just because it has a quad core processor? Seriously, quad core on a phone? Do people know what the reasoning behind more processors was? To do more at using less. Basically for gamers. Just basically, BB is a great phone in its own right. Android is a great phone, and iPhone is...............I'll let you decide.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Although BB does not have a stronghold in the business world like before, my statement still stands. BB is great at what it does do. Hands down any BB can outdo any Droid, iPhone, windows, etc when it comes to business. Right out of the box. Plus, there battery lasts longer. I like Android just as much as anyone but seriously speaking. I care about battery performance and phone quality over anything else. I don't need a top end device to do what a low end device can do. Makes no sense at all to spend alot more on a high end phone just because it has a quad core processor? Seriously, quad core on a phone? Do people know what the reasoning behind more processors was? To do more at using less. Basically for gamers. Just basically, BB is a great phone in its own right. Android is a great phone, and iPhone is...............I'll let you decide.

Let's be honest, BlackBerry offers nothing unique for business outside of some perceived security. And news flash BlackBerry didn't have long battery until the Z30 which has, wait for it, a 3000 mAh battery the same size used in a lot of Android devices.

And now that the BlackBerry Passport has a quad core processor, I guess that's unnecessary too right?

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Let's be honest, BlackBerry offers nothing unique for business outside of some perceived security. And news flash BlackBerry didn't have long battery until the Z30 which has, wait for it, a 3000 mAh battery the same size used in a lot of Android devices.

And now that the BlackBerry Passport has a quad core processor, I guess that's unnecessary too right?

You're kidding me on the battery right? My Pearl 8130 would go for almost 3 days on a single charge, lol. Much more than any other smartphone. My Curve went almost 3 days so I think your battery arguement is flawed. Just because a bigger battery is in a phone doesn't mean that it will last longer. The passport with quad core is very unnecessary.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty