Does anybody else do this?

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes when I am using my phone, I can't help but to take a moment to stop what I am doing and think about how amazing the technology I am holding in my hand is. It is taken for granted so much in today's society. I find technology so fascinating and it is good to appreciate it once in a while. Maybe I am just weird like that. Anyways, do any of you do this?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes when I am using my phone, I can't help but to take a moment to stop what I am doing and think about how amazing the technology I am holding in my hand is. It is taken for granted so much in today's society. I find technology so fascinating and it is good to appreciate it once in a while. Maybe I am just weird like that. Anyways, do any of you do this?

not sure if you've seen this but i think you'll appreciate it -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1vQ_cB0f4w

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Not just modern technology, but how well things are made....the smoothness, the symmetry, the finish....has always amazed me.

Posted via the Android Central App

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Not just modern technology, but how well things are made....the smoothness, the symmetry, the finish....has always amazed me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yes. That is also amazing. Modern engineering and design are extremely underappreciated.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Is even more mind blowing when you think that this technology pretty much progressed in the last 60 or so years.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I agree this is one of the most amazing pieces of technology that has become almost something we take for granted. The amount of information/communication/work that it can do is mind boggling.

But this does come with a down side and that is accessibility 24/7 from all sources...include work life. My business life interrupts me constantly, days, nights, weekends, and even holidays now. I was skiing this past weekend and this stupid thing is pinging the @#$T out of me on the lift. Here I'm getting away from life for a day enjoying the outdoors and the beauty of nature and the snowfall and some client is pestering me. This is happening to many of my circle of friends/family and it's disruptive.

Turn it off you say? Puhleeze, the expectation now is availability at all times, I'm not alone, it's a common cry. If I don't respond there's others that will and it'll cost me business. It's disruptive to family & friends. We grabbed a pizza the other day, there was a table of 6 kids next to us and there were times where all six had their heads buried in these things and weren't saying a word to each other, the interaction was half person to person and half dopebox. You can't tell me there's a downside to this wonderful technology.

I'm fascinated by this incredible technology and despise it other times.