Your favorite announcement from MWC?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
mwc-header.png

We saw a ton of Android at Mobile World Congress, and that's a really good indication of just what kind of year 2011 will be for Android fans like you and I.

With so much to absorb, it's always fun to see what everyone else feels is their favorite -- that's what this thread is for :)

Take a minute to go over it all one more time and let's hear what you think was the best Android news from Barcelona!

And of course I have to start with mine :p

The Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo
Yeah, it will probably be locked up tighter than a drum, and it runs SE's Timescape UI over Android, but I'm really digging the "boat" shape. And since I have a bunch of phones here to hack on, I guess I can overlook it all and use it stock. As long as the hardware is up to SE standards, including the camera, I'll deal with it.
Now bring it to the US please.

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The Google Booth
That place is paradise and made me really jealous. I hope they return next year with an equal if not a more awesome booth design and 'play pen'.

and if the booth doesn't count, then the Viewsonic 350.
That dual-sim phone is pretty awesome and sure as heck solves a lot of problems for travelers.

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
my choice is the HTC Incredible S! it might be the DINC2, but a larger screen is def a huge plus. i love that the buttons rotate depending on which way your holding it. i pick the INC S

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Either Wifi XOOM or Galaxy S2. Not sure which :p

Biggest dissapointment: HTC Announcements. Would be cool if they had some competition to the high end moto/samsung phones. They build is awesome, the internals aren't. Expected more from them.

bramdg38

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
best smartphone: HTC Desire S (best looking design + smooth running system, it's not all about the power ! )

best tablet: HTC Flyer (only tablet that looks different from all the others and introduces new features that no other tablet manufacters has come with --> changed their own gui for tablet, new pen feature ...)

best folow-up: LG, like the balls they have to jump into the 3D screens/cameras, now I'm only curious how many hours it can last ...

themusicmonkey

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
My favorite announcements were the new processors coming from NVIDIA and Qualcomm. These announcements shook a lot of people up and even made some re-evaluate their future purchases...

Lenoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I second the nvidia quad-core annoucement. When I read it I was like yeah I knew it was coming, in maybe a year or two, but 6 months, my jaw dropped. I didn't think it was possible at this stage of the game.

4ekbrandon

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
In terms of phone hardware, I'd say either the LG 3D or Samsung Galaxy S 2. I'm very partial to the Galaxy line(using the epic atm) due to how amazing the screen is- no other android phone comes even remotely close to them, and the S 2's SAMOLED+ just furthers that gap. As for the 3D, the specs are great...

But my biggest surprise was the quad-core announcement, didn't expect that until next year at the least. If I don't upgrade my laptop, my cellphone will have more cores than it come August. WTFruit.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What I was looking mostly to hear about wasn't mention. "When the heck will Gingerbread 2.3 be released to the EVO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez