Go as cheap as possible & wait for an affordable midrange? Or stretch budget on a mid-priced phone?

RumiB

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Go as cheap as possible & wait for an affordable midrange? Or stretch budget on a mid-priced phone?

Hi, new here. I recently dropped my beloved 2-year-old Note 3 in the sink and have been trying to catch up on the current options. Wondering if I could get your opinion. (Is this the right forum for this question?)

I'm looking for an unlocked phone I can use on Verizon, expandable memory, prefer removable battery, reliability, good cameras. Budget is about $300. Seems as though a lot of phones that meet those qualifications have problems (LG G4 bootloop problem, Samsung S5 seems to have reliability issues, etc.). A lot of the good budget ones I see listed aren't on Verizon. From what I'm reading, it seems as though there will be more midrange options coming up soonish, now that upgrade discounts are gone.

After a lot of debating, I'm thinking of one of these approaches, both from an eBay seller I think is reliable. (Don't love the idea of buying on eBay, but it's a lot easier on the budget.) Any thoughts on these options?
1. Push budget for a new Note 4.
2. Go as cheap as possible on an old Galaxy model and watch for a good new midrange phone over the next 6 months or so.

Would greatly appreciate any input.

Last edited:

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Go as cheap as possible & wait for an affordable midrange? Or stretch budget on a mid-priced pho

I say push budget for note 4. Its a great phone and better than any mid range phones. And it'll last for another 2 year before needing an upgrade.

Posted with ❤Love❤

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Go as cheap as possible & wait for an affordable midrange? Or stretch budget on a mid-priced pho

Look on swappa for a good deal on used or refurbished phones. I get my phones there.

Posted via the Android Central App

amartins02

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I agree with the Swappa comment. I sell phones on there all the time. That'll get you the most bang for the buck.

collyesta

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site

I bought the note 4 recently and I've been thoroughly happy with it. I think it will last me a while and indeed it's much better than the budget options out there I think.
Like you, I considered phones like the G4, but now I'm glad that I spent more and bought a phone that's older but that belongs to samsung's premium line.

Good luck!

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non