What is your favourite launcher and why

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
1. Nova launcher because it offers many customizations and it is rock solid

2. Runner up Microsoft arrow launcher because it is extremely simple and yet effective.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Tried Nova for a week. Couldn't get the double tap knock function to wake it up. Reverted back to stock Android. I did like how Nova would rotate my icons when I held the phone in landscape.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
1.touchwiz. the new touchwiz in 6.0.1 is very nice, fast, and clean.

2.nova. i have nova installed too on my phone but rarely use it. Its nice and near stock experience.

Posted with ❤Love❤

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I've gotta Google Now Launcher/Action Launcher rotation. Love stock Android and Action Launcher to me is like a customizable stock launcher.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Nova launcher.

- Gestures.
- Swipe up actions.
- Nova Actions & Activities.
- Subgrid positioning.
- Backup & import.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am using Google Now Launcher right now. I have been for awhile. I enjoy having the Google Toolbar at the top and Google Now to the left for information.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I am using Google Now Launcher right now. I have been for awhile. I enjoy having the Google Toolbar at the top and Google Now to the left for information.

Agreed, on all accounts. Even changed the icons with Awesome Icons for more of a stock feel. Since my Nexus 5 (now two phones ago) I can't get away from a stock experience. I love it too much.

mth785

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I like Nova and Apex but Action is my launcher of choice. I've tried using the Google Now launcher, It just doesn't work for me.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Nova. Just used to it and it handles my setup well plus very stable.
TouchWiz is a close second. Had been using it a while, reverting to it now and then. Had used TouchWiz since the first Galaxy S. Never understood the hate. It had a lot of features, looked good, but is indeed a little slow. The new one is fantastic though. If it only supported subgrid positioning and gestures, as well as incremental icon size control, probably would have stuck with it.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

This.... I use me some Now... The more I use it, the more it is useful. And while there are other implementations, nothing is as quick or tightly integrated (Now, like the Google launcher, is only an extension of the Google app).

As for customization... yep, the Google Now launcher got bubkiss... but I don't have much of a problem with that. I used to use Nova, really liked it, but I found myself fussing around with launcher settings constantly. I could never quite get it the way "I wanted". Once I starting to use Google's I found that what I wanted was just a launcher that did its job.... stripped of all the extra config options, I found that I didn't really need them all that much.

Simplify!

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Still convinced that people who say Nova is the best haven't tried anything else. It doesn't do much more than TouchWiz, the icons are different and you change their sizes. Big whoop. Nearly everything else I've tried is better than Nova.

1. Action Launcher 3
2. Aviate
3. Google
4. Hola

Nova is probably number 6 or 7 for me. It doesn't offer nearly as much as people make it seem.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo