Do you read/click on FaceBook ads?

GOLD APPS

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
We're planning to run some FaceBook app/game campaign. Wanna hear some voice on how attitude could be towards ads on fb.

To start with me, I personally would not get a second glance at any ads unless it super attracts me by its GRAPHIC. To be honest, most of the time I pass ads by intentionally igoring it.:'( But have noticed that there are those who look into fb ads, and may really take a look/click on or might even download the app.

So, do you guys really read into ads on FB? Or do you feel them annoying? What does it take if you'd like to click on the ads?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
No... Never, Not just FB mind you, anywhere on the www. I use Adblock+ on my browser, it annoys me that I even HAVE TO in the first place.

GOLD APPS

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
wow, seems like it's a love game for now.

Or is it because all of you guys are popular members in the forums, who knows how to use tools to make smart phone experience better?
What's it like with your friends who are not EXPERTS on smart phones ? Do they use ad-blocks?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I consider it a form of solicitation.
If anything it deters me from buying the product or supporting the cause they are soliciting. I keep mental note of it and remember it for a very long time.

"Birds of a feather flock together". My friends are no different than I. I have some older family members who are not so tech-savvy however, they click on just about anything that pops up on the screen. But even they eventually learn the do's and don'ts of the on line / cellular world.

Last edited:

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I see some ads because not all get blocked by the ad blocker software.
I certainly don't click on any of them.
If the ads are animated, then yes they are annoying.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
A lot of my friends are smart phone illiterate so I usually set things up for them on their phones.
I have co-workers that still have the same wallpaper and apps on their 3 Yr. old phones that were on there when they were brand new.

cirkit

May 29, 2016
Visit site
I don't really click on the ads. However, I do read them and will click anything that seems super and i mean super interesting which can be rare at times.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Very rarely.

99% of them are either just clickbait, pure scams or stuff that's completely irrelevant.

Like there was an ad that said "PLAY GTA 5 ON YOUR ANDROID DEVICE". However, it was obvious that it was being streamed from another device that's actually running the game, so it was a pretty obvious scam.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I never clicked on any ads since all ads on my country is very useless and most ads uses innapropriate pictures to attract users.

Posted with ❤Love❤

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I don't normally look at/go to ads that I see on Facebook. Sometimes they may be phone-related (lool at how Facebook gets to know you... ! :)); so I may look sometimes, but I almost never clink into an ad. If I do any online shopping, it is almost always/only when I am in that "mode," so to speak - not when I am browsing Facebook for updates on what's been happening in my friends' lives.

GOLD APPS

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
To be honest, I don't normally look at/go to ads that I see on Facebook. Sometimes they may be phone-related (lool at how Facebook gets to know you... ! :)); so I may look sometimes, but I almost never clink into an ad. If I do any online shopping, it is almost always/only when I am in that "mode," so to speak - not when I am browsing Facebook for updates on what's been happening in my friends' lives.

yeah, Facebook do know us very well. In the ads campaign, we can set targeting users in very specific details. From their hobby/religion/status... any detail info that could be posted onto it.

GOLD APPS

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Very rarely.

99% of them are either just clickbait, pure scams or stuff that's completely irrelevant.

Like there was an ad that said "PLAY GTA 5 ON YOUR ANDROID DEVICE". However, it was obvious that it was being streamed from another device that's actually running the game, so it was a pretty obvious scam.

So if this scam thing happen on your device a lot, would you consider other ads that pop up annoying as well? So that almost all of them become not-worth-reading?

GOLD APPS

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
A lot of my friends are smart phone illiterate so I usually set things up for them on their phones.
I have co-workers that still have the same wallpaper and apps on their 3 Yr. old phones that were on there when they were brand new.

lol, wish I could have a friend like you are!!! I'm a tech dwarf, hate having new phones and setting everything up again :'(

GOLD APPS

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks you guys for your reply!!!!

Seems that most of you guys think ads as super annoying and worthless reading. Although I myself as a user feels the same, but it's quite depressing as someone who want to take a shot on FB ads campaign. Guess have to take it a second thought.

So, is it because the way the ads represents that annoys you, or it's because the Advertisement is born not trustworthy? :(

Let's take this as an example, it was supposed to be shown to all those who are not in a relationship.

10Solo.png

I was pretty confident at this ad at first, but do please wake me up guys! If you have any opinions about it!

would you take a second glance or maybe click on that?

p.s. The four Chinese character on the button of the right side is 'install now'

Last edited:

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
(The ad attachment is broken.)

How the ad is presented is of major importance.
All pop-ups are bad.
All pop-unders are bad.

Animated ads and video ads are very annoying.

A small, static ad over on the margin of the screen is acceptable.