How many use screen protectors?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I picked up a S7 (regular) which is a wonderful device and I'm aware of the screen protector fitment issues. I ordered of tempered glass protector knowing that it won't go to the edges since they curve down. However after using this phone for a few days the glass is so smooth and nice to interact with that I've considered going without even though I'm in construction.

Had anybody gone this route and how has it worked out? I feel like the overwhelming majority use protectors and maybe I'm nuts for considering this.

BTW...I don't like film protectors, too sticky to interact with and it ruins the interface. That's just me because I know they're popular but it's not an option here.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
using bare glass is great. i am around sand a lot though and doing so would end up with scratches on the screen. I don't mind these light scratches, but they hurt resell.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I do, really excited about my screen protector finally arriving today. It's been a scary week without one, but I had to try this phone all by itself before getting any accessories.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
My experience is that phones without protectors get screen scratches, presumably from gritty dust which must be everywhere. They are fine scratches, not normally troublesome, but clearly visible under bright light with a magnifier.

Zebra2384

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Screen protectors are a cheap and seemingly effective component that I use. If you buy a decent one, you should really ever notice it once it's been applied to your phone.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Screen protectors are a cheap and seemingly effective component that I use. If you buy a decent one, you should really ever notice it once it's been applied to your phone.

This is true but it seems like some phones only have ones that aren't so great. I learned this the hard way with the HTC One A9 and it's making me regret the phone big time.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I don't use screen protectors.
My Note 5 is 1 yr. old and there are no scratches on the screen. I wipe it off with a handkerchief every time I use it.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Personally I don't use a screen protector either on my Nexus 6. I haven't used a screen protector since I have an HTC EVO.

My personal reasons are that I don't live in a particularly 'sandy' environment, and as the screens have gotten tough enough that as long as I have a good case my phone, the screen should be fine. Especially since most good cases have a 'lip' around the front edge of the phone.

Just my two cents.

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I put glass screen protectors on all my devices. Dropped one of my phones on concrete. Cracked the glass protector not the screen. Glass protectors have saved my husband's phone screen at least 2x

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I tried to use my phone with a naked screen. But I'm a little scared. I always put it in the same pocket with my keys and coins. I think it will be fine. But better feel safe than sorry. So I use screen protector and find it very useful.
Same pocket as other metal is a bad habit I broke really quickly with my smart phone.
I don't use a screen protector. I don't baby my electronics, but I am careful with them.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the same phone as you, but I always go the screen protector route now. I tend to be careful with my phones but when I drop them, it's almost always a hard drop or smack into a wall; so having that extra protection is nice.

However, my mom never uses protectors or cases for her smartphones (Samsung Galaxy S4 and now an S6 Edge) and has had no problems at all. I think it all depends on the individual user.

Posted via the Android Central App

mabelpines

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Before I got my S4 mini (memories) I never used screen protectors and I just kind of took scratches as a given.

I wouldn't go without one now. A friend of mine thinks stealing phones is funny and he last year he casually put mine in his pocket and then when he gave it back it had a massive scratch on the protector. That kind of validated it for me :p

How are screen protectors on Edge screens?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I prefer glass protectors. They still feel like the device is bare, but the extra protection for little cost is worth the peace of mind.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
You stated thst you got the S7 regular, so im assuming it's not the edge. So if you have the s7 regular, your screen protector should fit edge to edge with no issues. Personally, I've got the s6 edge and s7 edge and dont use a protector. I never have on any phone ive owned with no issues.

Posted via Android Central App

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I use one on my Note 4. Living in Hawaii = sand in the air! Nah, just joking! Still, I've used glass ones on all my devices. Just piece of mind for me in case I ever drop my phone... not so much that the protector will save the screen from cracking, but at least the screen won't get dinged by any rocks if it survives.

Last edited: