Screen Protectors? I am sick of giving my money to WSD...

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
So, anything as good as WSD out there? I don't want a glass protector that only adheres to the screen around the edges, or top and bottom only, something with FULL adhesion.

WSD has gone to crap over the last few years and their customer service is worse than what they are doing to their products.

I'll link anything I find here, but wanted to get suggestions from others.

Thanks!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Are you interested in only glass screen protectors? If film is OK then Zagg is a good option.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Are you interested in only glass screen protectors? If film is OK then Zagg is a good option.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

I HATE the "sticky" feeling of Zagg protectors. There is a resistance that just makes me teeth ache, so I like sticking with Glass.

Admittedly, I have not tried Zagg since my Note 10, so it has been a while.

Are they pretty smooth like Glass now?

Reactions: BEaRebel

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I like the amFilm line of screen protectors.
Available on Amazon.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from the future.

I looked over the amFilm and decided to order it for my S23U, if I like it, I will get one for my wife S22U that has WSD on it currently and i's flaking off. :(

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Switched from Whitestone Dome to AmFilm about halfway through last year with my S23 Ultra. Have been pretty happy.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I've been using WSD ever since I found them, back with my S7 and Note 8. I still have the first WSD protector on my N20U. It has a few cracks but still very usable. I was looking to see their S23U protectors and see they have a film protector now as well. I might give them a try, but I really love the glass feel over the tacky film protectors, too.

I'll be following this to see if any other alternatives follow the same adhesion processes, because I also hate the "edge only" adhesives, or the ones with the thumb cutout for the FPS.

Sent from my SM-N986U using AC Forums mobile app

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Here's my experience non WSD on the
Pixel 7 pro and 1+7 pro McLaren
I used screen protector like WSD , the glue is stronger then WSD but the difference ive seen from WSD is when get a hairline crack it leaves small bubbles around where with WSD it didn't so i dont know if its the screen protector or glue WSD uses but think its better and going stick with them.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The Samsung plastic film screen protector has been the easiest to apply and best feeling non glass to date. If they make it for the S23 I'd get that.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
How has WSD gone down in quality? I have had one on my s20+ from day one and have been very happy with it. Was thinking about getting one for the new phone.

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
Ibywind on Amazon. I took a chance before the arrival of my Xiaomi / Poco top soec phone in 2020.
I still have the second one you're given in the box, the extra sachets of wipes and cloths, and the top hinged frame to lower on to the screen. (Steam up a smallish area with pots og boiling water and kettle)

I see them still as a "buy this with" option on other phones.

Dunno if they do one for the S23U, but if you see one in your region then definitely worth a shot.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
The Samsung plastic film screen protector has been the easiest to apply and best feeling non glass to date. If they make it for the S23 I'd get that.

I will second that. They feel much better than the other protectors for sure.
Samsung have offers on sometimes and you can get them very cheap, I still have one from my S22U but I'm not sure if it will fit as the screen size is much different 😄 lol

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
From launch date of my Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra I've used x4 WSD protectors.

In the UK that equates to x2 twin packs at around £140 @ i.e around $168.

And not all because of a significant drop or bump.

They seem to pick up small nicks quite easily for the s²² Ultra model !

I can't live with a crack or nick on the protector. I need it pristine.

Yesterday I had the same while in a restaurant so I peeled it away and have decided to not buy another for this phone.

Although the fingerprint scanner worked OK most of the time with the WSD on I can now see how flawlessly it works without one.

So I know I'm taking a risk but hey even with a protective screen protector fitted there's no guarantees.

I keep my phone's for around a year so maybe the percentages are with me _ lol.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
From launch date of my Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra I've used x4 WSD protectors.

In the UK that equates to x2 twin packs at around £140 @ i.e around $168.

And not all because of a significant drop or bump.

They seem to pick up small nicks quite easily for the s²² Ultra model !

I can't live with a crack or nick on the protector. I need it pristine.

Yesterday I had the same while in a restaurant so I peeled it away and have decided to not buy another for this phone.

Although the fingerprint scanner worked OK most of the time with the WSD on I can now see how flawlessly it works without one.

So I know I'm taking a risk but hey even with a protective screen protector fitted there's no guarantees.

I keep my phone's for around a year so maybe the percentages are with me _ lol.
I agree completely! I hated the fingerprint sensor use with the WSD protector on my Note 20 Ultra.

Screen replacement with insurance doesn't cost much more than those screen protectors.

I also hated the sharp edges of the screen protector.

I removed it within weeks from the Note 20 Ultra and finished the year with no protector. I have been using the S22 Ultra since release with no screen protector, and it has been fine.

So if I go a couple of years before I need a screen replacement (which I already have at this point), then I will have saved more than the replacement will cost. And I get the pleasure of using the screen as it was designed to be used with an FPS that works 100% of the time.

If you are prone to breaking screens, then by all means, put on a screen protector and a big bulky case. But I am pretty careful with things I own, and I'll take my chances. I personally can not stand screen protectors or bulky cases.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The Spigen Glas.tR screen protector looks nice, there is no cutout for the front camera though. Will that affect the camera resolution?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just like Zagg their expensive but we have a Kiosk here in the mall and I can get a new one put on whenever I need it for 10 bucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: BEaRebel

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the amFilm for my S23U, but my wife needed a new one as her WSD was starting to chip away, so I ordered her the amFilm for her S22U.

After installation, I have to say that it looks REALLY good and the Fingerprint Scanner works for her now! Before the WSD kept the scanner from working reliably. Now, there are no issues at all!

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I still love wsd. More expensive but the one time in last 5 years I dropped phone, the wsd cracked but not phone glass. :)

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have been really happy with the WSD that has been on my s20+ from day one. But I think I will give the amfilm a try this go around.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca