Sharing game saves between multiple devices?

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I know I can do it for my "online" games, like Star Trek Timelines and Galaxy of Heroes, etc, but since I got for free/bought 3 Final Fantasy games, aka the original, 2 aka 4 in Japan, and Final Fantasy Tactics, I was wondering if there was a way to cloud save/share between my two tablets and my phone? I tried going into Google Games and starting Final Fantasy from there, then made a save, and did the same thing on another tablet but no sign of the save. Final Fantasy 2/4 I have through Amazon, so I dunno if they have something different. Anyone know, or is my progress going to be limited to each individual device?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Depends on the game, really. If they support cloud saves (be it via Google Play Services, Amazon Games, Dropbox, their own servers, etc.) then they can share save files between devices. If not, then the only way to do it is to transfer the actual save file from one device to another to pick up where you left off. HOWEVER, this is easier said than done, as most apps either use encrypted files to do so or don't provide information as to which file(s) they use for that purpose. Furthermore, some older games link the save file to the device's hardware ID, so even if you do figure out which files to move, they wouldn't work on another device.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
PS: At least the games I've seen with cloud saves either support game saves via Google or via Amazon, but not both (depending on where you downloaded it). The ones that support Facebook login/saves are usually cross-platform.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok, well, I'm not seeing any specifics in their menus, so, if anyone has Final Fantasy, FF 2/4, or Tactics on Android, please lemme know.

Arick F

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
If you don't mind paying a few bucks to support the guys who work on this I would suggest helium premium. They manage to get around the root owned files issue without root so it is worth the money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty