Buyer's Remorse?

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone. Just wondering how everyone is feeling about their purchases so far? I've had mine for about 2 weeks now, and I'm still really enjoying it, but my friend that was actually the one to prompt me into getting it, she's now having remorse and wants to return hers and take advantage of the Prime Day deals on a Flip 4.

For me, I've noticed it can get a little warm in my pocket right after I close it from being open for a while and then place it in there. Also, games that I still play using my S21 Ultra do take a little bit of a performance hit, but neither of these are deal breakers for me. Lastly, yes, I do notice a slight delay in the BT connecting to my UConnect in my Jeep. The S21 was a bit faster in that regard. Overall, I enjoy how it feels in my hand and I love how compact it is to carry. That external screen is the deal maker though. I'm slowly starting to use it more and more. I go back and forth between the 2 and let's be honest....it's not going to replace a flagship any time soon, but the basics, it does very well.

Reactions: mustang8918

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
For me I'm adjusting to it, I really like it though I do wish it has a tad bigger battery or latest Qualcomm processor to offset the higher refresh rate. I am hoping that they stick to the update schedule they promised with regular every other month updates, I believe is what they said.

Reactions: J Dubbs

moto312gus

Jun 23, 2023
Visit site
Had it for about 3 weeks, and I absolutely love my RAZR+! No real complaints, just the usual quibbles about Motorola, mostly the so-so cameras.

I've only used Motorolas since, I don't know, my last 8 mobiles or so, from around the Atrix 2 and the original Moto X. I've always bought them about a year or 2 after they were released, but the Moto X Pure Edition and this RAZR are the only ones I ever took the plunge for as soon as they were released. No regrets!

Last edited:
Reactions: darrinS and J Dubbs

ranphi

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
So far, I still quite like the phone. Not sure it's going to remain my daily driver just yet.

Biggest issues I have with it, at this point in time, is a subpar experience with notifications on the external screen. I use Proton Mail and Calendar, and there's no way (that I can see) to see notifications from either of those apps. I also can't use the calendar panel they include, as it seems to be dedicated to Google Calendar only.

I can access both Proton apps by going through the "apps" panel on the external screen, so there is that. But the lack of notifications for those 2 apps on the external screen really disappoints me.

I also wish there was an easier way to see the battery life info on the external screen than what is currently offered. Having to tap the little round battery icon to actually see the battery life is a bit too clunky for my tastes. I want the battery life to just always show when I check the external screen.

EDIT: Turns out there was an issue with how I had configured notifications for Proton Mail. I'm now able to get new mail notifications for it on the external screen. Yay!

Last edited:

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Same! I wasn't sure how the Moto experience would be likeable for me! As ive been using using foldables since they were available and exclusively Samsung foldables.
BUT.......here's the thing!

I'm a HUUUGGGEEE fan! The UI is so clean and zero bloatware and the device doesn't throttle like Sammy devices. I'm loving my RAZR p😀lus

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
For me I'm adjusting to it, I really like it though I do wish it has a tad bigger battery or latest Qualcomm processor to offset the higher refresh rate. I am hoping that they stick to the update schedule they promised with regular every other month updates, I believe is what they said.
That was my main issue against Motorola was software update support in US , seemed India market had no issues.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Me too. I loved my OG Moto X. However, the MXPE was very slow to get updates.
Yes the Pure Edition was a real straggler to get security updates... especially near the end. There was a point where us owners weren't even sure we were going to get the final security updates. I think it was almost a year late for the last patches 😨 And Moto was waffling on whether it was even going to get it's second of 2 promised Android version updates 😱 ... although they did eventually give it Android 7.

I believe they only gave it 2 years of security updates? And it was their flagship at the time. What are they promising for the RAZR?

I still like Moto phones, but I purchase them on the cheap now because of their history of poor software support.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
The main reason I got away from Motorola was that there were bettercameras coming out on phones. I switched over to Windows Phone back with those Nokia devices and those crazy zoom lenses. Motorola could really be a contender with some beefed up specs for the camera. I use my S21 Ultra to photograph and take video for my daughter's sporting events using a DJI gimbal. I gotta have that camera. Without it, I can't fully switch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura Knotek

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
One week in and I'm getting more used to it. There was a bit of a learning curve for me. My first foldable and haven't had a Moto for about 15 years so yeah. I'm really starting to like it tho. I think so far I prefer Nova launcher over the stock OEM interface. It works well and being familiar with it helps a lot. Battery life is really good , better than I had hoped after reading initial user reports. Biggest problem for me was hanging up when I'd pull it out of a pocket to answer a call. I think I got that fixed by paying better attention about doing it. I believe it is going to be a keeper for me. The more I use it the more I like it.