Wouldn't this be the time to launch Allo?

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
A number of WhatsApp users undoubtedly feel alienated by the company's move to share information with Facebook, to me this would seem like the right time to show people that there is an alternative.

Thoughts?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Very good point. My guess is that it's imminent. Duo's out, there have been reports of the beta testing going well, and Nougat is rolling out. Hopefully very soon!

Vyrlokar

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it was weird that Allo didn't launch at the same time as Duo, as they're supposed to integrate with one another. Video chat without a text chat to make sure the other person can take the call is IMHO rude, and I don't think I'm alone at that.

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it was weird that Allo didn't launch at the same time as Duo, as they're supposed to integrate with one another. Video chat without a text chat to make sure the other person can take the call is IMHO rude, and I don't think I'm alone at that.

Undoubtedly they should have launched at the same time but my guess is it's just not ready yet.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I still think it drops with the new Nexus phones. The huge feature with Allo is how it integrates with Google Assistant... Which I think will debut with those new devices.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I will be curious to see what Allo brings. I will be even more impressed if Google creates a Windows 10 Allo app so that I can receive and send texts from my Windows 10 computer -- kind of like Imessage.

Vyrlokar

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I will be curious to see what Allo brings. I will be even more impressed if Google creates a Windows 10 Allo app so that I can receive and send texts from my Windows 10 computer -- kind of like Imessage.

It could have been a chrome app but Google is sunsetting those for non-chrome OS platforms... :(

TechReviews1

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I do agree with you on this being the right time to release Allo. To me, Google Duo was a big hit already. Since I have friends in other states, I can use this app to talk and video chat with them whenever I want. I think a lot of other people found Duo just as useful as I did. However, I think Allo will be an even more helpful app than Duo. I personally love Google apps as it feels the most secure to me for anything. I use a lot of messaging apps currently for a lot of different applications. When Allo is released, I think I will be using this app a lot. WhatsApp is not great, all though it very far from being a badly developed app. It could use some work, but for the most part, it's a good app. Instagram Direct Message is ok, not great again. Lastly, Facebook Messenger seems to be the most well-developed app right now. Joining all of these thoughts together, I'd really like to see what Google can come up with to blow our minds on their latest Allo app. Can't wait!