Got my Chromebook Pixel today. Let me see if I can explain to you why...

CHIP72

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
What I don't think you get, and most don't until they've used a CB primarily, is that NOT using OSX or Windows is the killer feature of ChromeOS. I could go on and on, but this has all been covered by much better tech writers than me.

Yeah, all one needs to do is go on ZDNet and read one of James Kendrick's many articles expressing his love for chromebooks.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Chetan... youre such a wienie Amazing person. We get it... You love apple
You post in every thread about how apple is the best... Please... for the love of God. Just stop
No one cares if you do or dont love it. And no one is going to run out and buy an iPhone or MBP because you said so...

Anyways. Nice write up. I am excited to receive my CB in the mail this week. I am tired of my W8 already. But still want it for compatibility with other programs (AutoCAD)
Chromebook I think is the future. They have a long way to go... but like you said. I will be excited to go along for the ride.
any chrome apps that are just amazing from day to day?

Last edited:

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Chetan... youre such a wienie. We get it... You love apple
You post in every thread about how apple is the best... Please... for the love of God. Just stop
No one cares if you do or dont love it. And no one is going to run out and buy an iPhone or MBP because you said so...

Anyways. Nice write up. I am excited to receive my CB in the mail this week. I am tired of my W8 already. But still want it for compatibility with other programs (AutoCAD)
Chromebook I think is the future. They have a long way to go... but like you said. I will be excited to go along for the ride.
any chrome apps that are just amazing from day to day?

I have a Nexus 4 FYI all I ask is to not bash Apple and say OSX sucks in general just because they don't know how to use it properly. Further more its against the rules to call out a member(I think) so reported.

Posted via Android Central App

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nexus 4 FYI all I ask is to not bash Apple and say OSX sucks in general just because they don't know how to use it properly. Further more its against the rules to call out a member(I think) so reported.

The OP said OSX sucks? Where?

Why would you assume the OP doesn't know how to use a MBP? It was his work computer for 2-3 years, and you're fifteen years old; it's a safe bet the OP knows more than you do.

This was a pleasant, unbiased thread until you had to rush to Apple's aid (again), and for no reason.

This is a subforum for the Chromebook Pixel, not for Apple products.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I've been using the Pixel since the day it became available. I've also been using computers since they filled basements, needed cooling towers, and you punched cards to program them -- including MacBooks.

OP is spot on. Wouldn't trade my Pixel for any other device.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site

If I get dinged for calling someone a harmless non threatening name... then so be it. Its not malicious or rude. You always come in threads to get people fired up
When I click on a thread about chromebooks... thats what I would like to read about. Not about you defending apple.
(PS I dont go on apple forums and talk about how android is the best.... why might you ask???? because IT WONT MATTER!!!!)

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
The OP said OSX sucks? Where?

Why would you assume the OP doesn't know how to use a MBP? It was his work computer for 2-3 years, and you're fifteen years old; it's a safe bet the OP knows more than you do.

This was a pleasant, unbiased thread until you had to rush to Apple's aid (again), and for no reason.

This is a subforum for the Chromebook Pixel, not for Apple products.

Wasn't talking about OP. There was another poster that said so.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Just a question. Does Google docs allow you to edit some documents on the pixel of line?

Yes, just like on Android, Windows, etc. you can pin and edit documents offline and they'll sync when there is a connection available. Until that sync happens, obviously the same doc on other devices will be a different saved version.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
The bickering needs to stop. If you believe a post is inappropriate, feel free to hit the report button. If you don't care for the thread or a post, complaining about it in the thread is not an appropriate response.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
It would be pointless for me to respond to that other member due to his banned status now. I have used OSX for the past 5 years (on a custom ordered $2600 macbook pro), I like it but after seeing a friend's Pixel...completely different experience. I work around the retina display pros all day and the Pixel's experience is something just better. I enjoy all OS out there (apart from iOS, just not enough utility for me), but have found Chrome OS to be a very enjoyable laptop OS.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
It would be pointless for me to respond to that other member due to his banned status now. I have used OSX for the past 5 years (on a custom ordered $2600 macbook pro), I like it but after seeing a friend's Pixel...completely different experience. I work around the retina display pros all day and the Pixel's experience is something just better. I enjoy all OS out there (apart from iOS, just not enough utility for me), but have found Chrome OS to be a very enjoyable laptop OS.

That's acceptable. Just if people say OSX sucks which annoys me.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Because someone annoys you does not excuse rude behavior or posting inappropriately. If you don't like a post, feel free to move on. If you believe a post is inappropriate, then report the post. We are not going to tolerate rudeness, insults, or posts that violate the forum rules.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Because someone annoys you does not excuse rude behavior or posting inappropriately. If you don't like a post, feel free to move on. If you believe a post is inappropriate, then report the post. We are not going to tolerate rudeness, insults, or posts that violate the forum rules.

I see nothing rude about my post. I said it was acceptable.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I see nothing rude about my post. I said it was acceptable.

Whether a post annoys you or is "acceptable" to you is not an appropriate topic for discussion. Stop trying to instigate an argument in the thread. You really should know better. I suggest that you move on and refrain from posting in this thread.

Last edited:

mightymikek83

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been running back and fourth wondering if I should grab a Pixel or a Samsung Chromebook. I'm afraid If I love the Samsung for 200-300 bucks, I'll want the Pixel and start crying because I wasted the few hundred.

It just seems if I know there is better out there such as a Pixel, why settle? It seems the 3 years of TB storage makes the machine worth it.

Anyone else having this problem? lol ugh..

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I've been running back and fourth wondering if I should grab a Pixel or a Samsung Chromebook. I'm afraid If I love the Samsung for 200-300 bucks, I'll want the Pixel and start crying because I wasted the few hundred.

It just seems if I know there is better out there such as a Pixel, why settle? It seems the 3 years of TB storage makes the machine worth it.

Anyone else having this problem? lol ugh..

A bit, but I was also bothered a bit by them both being almost a year or so old and wondering if there will be refreshes immediately after I buy one :)