Chromecast w/Google TV only some apps connect to Wifi after password change

rockyjay

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Okay so our Chromecast was working fine, but we changed our password on the Router and now only some apps on our Chromecast with Google TV.

Yes we updated the password on the Chromecast. Some apps like Hulu, Netflix and YouTube work perfectly fine. But others like Amazon Prime and peacock have a slow connection. The menu s are slow and the video never plays.

Still others like Pluto, HBO Max and Disney plus give me error messages. I've tried rebooting my router, clearing the cache and data of all the apps. Deleting the apps. Rebooting and reinstalling the apps. I've even Factory reset the Chromecast.

Still having the same issues. The most confusing part is that some apps work perfectly fine. 🤷🏽

Any ideas. Has anyone had this issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to be sure -- the only thing you changed on the router was the password, and not anything else in its security settings, right?

rockyjay

May 16, 2010
Visit site
So no other changes that we know of, but just noticed my phone has the same issues. Disney plus gives me the same error, HBO is slow to load and so is Amazon. I'll try to attach images.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211124-204600.jpg
    Screenshot_20211124-204600.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20211124-204801_HBO Max.jpg
    Screenshot_20211124-204801_HBO Max.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 2

rockyjay

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanksgiving Miracle. The Chromecast apps and my phone have not been able to connect for a week after changing the password. Last night, they still didn't connect. We made no changes, and this morning they are all connecting fine on my phone and the Chromecast.??????*♂️

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanksgiving Miracle. The Chromecast apps and my phone have not been able to connect for a week after changing the password. Last night, they still didn't connect. We made no changes, and this morning they are all connecting fine on my phone and the Chromecast.������*
The power of the :))