Multiple Devices + One Chromecast

jyemenai

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
So, I remember with Nexus Q, when people came over, they could just connect to it and, let's say you're playing music, they could add music to the queue (at least, that's what I've heard, never owned one)

People are comparing this to that as well, and last night I tried to do this with my Nexus 7 and Nexus 4. Both were "connected" to Play Music and casting, but only one had access to the actual queue being played. Was I doing something wrong? Has anyone figured out how to do this yet if it's possible (yet)?

I'm 100% sure that two devices can be connected and casting at the same time, though. I also do some developing and there's a sample CC app (TicTacToe), and it requires two handhelds, which both have to be connected and casted, and playing the game on one screen simply shows the move on the other screen and the TV.

rcpa

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Play Movies & TV can be controlled by multiple devices. All I had to do was open the Movies & TV app on the other device and click the icon to connect it. After that I had play control from both devices. I haven't tried it with Google Music cause I never use it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Dan Rucker

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Would like to know the answer to this as well. If I was casting a video on Youtube and a friend came over and push a youtube video would it queue it or just take over and stop my video?

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
If I was casting a video on Youtube and a friend came over and push a youtube video would it queue it or just take over and stop my video?

It would just stop your video and start the other one, no queuing. We just tested it with a Nexus 7 and iPad mini.

Posted via Android Central App

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
It would just stop your video and start the other one, no queuing. We just tested it with a Nexus 7 and iPad mini.

Posted via Android Central App

Hmmmmm...I just tested this with my Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X and Nexus 7 and it worked like a charm. I just hit the cast icon on each device first, so they were each connected to the Chromecast, started one video on one device, then searched and found another video on the second device and hit the + add to queue button and it queued up the 2nd video. Same thing with the 3rd device. Original video kept playing while others were added to the queue.

Tried it with the Play Music app but can't figure out if it's possible to queue songs from multiple devices to the Chromecast. Anybody know if that's possible?

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I cannot get this to work with the Nexus 7 (2013) and the iPad mini. I don't see the + option on the the iPad mini

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I cannot get this to work with the Nexus 7 (2013) and the iPad mini. I don't see the + option on the the iPad mini

It should appear in the window of the video under the play button and to the left.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Brettbesa

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
But does the social music thing work? I remember that being a big emphasis of the Nexus Q. It would be cool if my friends could add their stuff to my party playlist.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
This would be a great feature for music. Would suck to have the song stop halfway through just because someone else selected a song from their phone.

Posted via Android Central App and my Nexus 4 or 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38