bought a Chromecast. some questions.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So I finaly bought a Chromecast. I wanted to get one because I figured it would compliment my nexus 7 and nexus 5 nicely and I was looking for something other than my apple TV to try out.

It seems good so far, but I have some questions:

First of all, while netflicks video quality looks pretty good, YouTube dlsent look good really. Is that just because YouTube videos are bad quality to begin with or what? I have pretty decent WiFi in my room. So im not sire if thats a wifi issue or what. Also, how have you found video quality overall?

Secondly, I'm noticing that the sound quality seems a bit off. Like, that its not as loud as it should be. Is this a known issue?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
1. video quality is only as good as the source. sh1t resolution youtube videos will not magically turn into HD on your 60" LED TV. but HD movies from play will cast as HD movies. go figure.
2. volume seems lower than it should be. i believe i read that it's a known issue and is being addressed.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
1. video quality is only as good as the source. sh1t resolution youtube videos will not magically turn into HD on your 60" LED TV. but HD movies from play will cast as HD movies. go figure.
2. volume seems lower than it should be. i believe i read that it's a known issue and is being addressed.

That's good. Hopefully it does get fixed

AaronTV

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I have found the video quality to be superior on my Chromecast across the board when compared to dedicated apps on other devices (smart tv, Xbox, ps3) using the same wifi connection.

Netflix and YouTube, in particular, look fantastic and stream smoothly. All others I've used look great but some of them buffer more often on Chromecast vs other platforms. The one that bugs me the most is Vudu because the picture quality is outstanding but it buffers every five minutes on Chromecast, which is a deal breaker for me. So I "resort" to the ps3 app, which can do HDX with no buffering, but overall picture quality isn't as good imo (black levels are a bit off and color saturation doesn't look as nice for whatever reason).

All of these are running through my Denon X1000 receiver on the same television input, so there are no settings in the TV itself that are responsible for the differences in quality between devices.

Posted with Nexus 5 via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress