Unlink Xiaomi Mi Home from Google Home?

drj55

Jun 30, 2020
Visit site
I have an interesting problem.

I linked Mi Home to Google Home in the Android App but unfortunately I linked the wrong Mi Home account. I have two Mi Home accounts with different email logins. One is set to Australia for my vacuum and 1 set to mainland china for my wall plugs. I wanted to link the later.

Now I can't get them to unlink.

I have tried
- In the Google Home App, clicking on Mi Home under "linked services" and selecting "unlink account"
- Deleting the "Home" in google Home that was linked to the Mi Home
- Clearing the cache on Google Home
- Deleting the data on Google Home
- Uninstalling google home
- Going to saved passwords on google home and deleting password for anything with xiaomi or mi home in it
- Going to Google account, linked accounts and unlinking the Mi Home app

But then when I reinstall Google home, Set up device, Choose a new link, select Mi Home it AUTOMATICALLY relinks me with Mi Home without asking for a new login or password.

The login setting must be saved somewhere, but where?

How can I unlink and relink with my secondary Mi Home account??

drj55

Jun 30, 2020
Visit site
Sorry that doesn't help.

I can unlink the mi Home account easy enough. The issue is that when I relink it uses the same email and password combo without asking. Therefore I can't log in with my other mi Home account. I've tried all of the solutions listed above.

Why does Google home app save the password for unlinked accounts and where dies it store them?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sorry that doesn't help.

I can unlink the mi Home account easy enough. The issue is that when I relink it uses the same email and password combo without asking. Therefore I can't log in with my other mi Home account. I've tried all of the solutions listed above.

Why does Google home app save the password for unlinked accounts and where dies it store them?
Check if its set at auto sync and turn that off , also maybe check auto fill see if that's doing it also.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you also going to Settings>Accounts​ (in the system settings), looking for a Mi Home account there, and removing the account first?

drj55

Jun 30, 2020
Visit site
I've figured out a work around.

I changed the password on my Mi Home account. Then when I relinked it took me to the email and password page and I could enter my second account details.

Now I have another frustration. Only 2 of my 6 Smart Plus show up in Google Home whereas I can see all 6 in Mi Home!