Something went wrong

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else been having a problem with GH when asking "Ok Google" getting this "Something went wrong, try again in a few seconds" after every other request. This just started happening in the last few day. I have restarted the unit a couple times and doesn't seem to solve the problem. No issues with my wifi so wonder if it's a problem with Googles servers?

Blacknight30

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Android police have an article pointing to a Google product forums where Google acknowledged they are aware and working on it. Will post article when I get home.

GerrK

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone else been having a problem with GH when asking "Ok Google" getting this "Something went wrong, try again in a few seconds" after every other request. This just started happening in the last few day. I have restarted the unit a couple times and doesn't seem to solve the problem. No issues with my wifi so wonder if it's a problem with Googles servers?

Same thing for me. Just started yesterday. Nexus7 (5?) The only similar situations I found were from 2014. Any ideas out there?

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Ours had the issue recently as well.

It's becoming frustrating using this device with other family members. One minute, anyone in fam can ask it to "turn on TV" etc, works fine, 30 minutes later if same person asks Google something it will spit out that it doesn't recognize voice or it's having trouble, but trying to learn etc.

Just once I'd like this thing to work and recognize everyone/everything we ask of it without it tripping up.

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site

Well, fingers crossed, the problem seems to have cleared up. No idea why or how, just stopped happening. Hang in there people, it may be a Google problem they are working on.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting the "Something went wrong" message back when trying to play music from my downloaded library.

Was hoping this to hold me over since my free Google Play Music trial recently expired.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Same -- I'm only experiencing this when I attempt to play music from my library.
"OK Google, play Tycho from my Library"
--"Ok, playing Tycho from your Google Play Music Library.....Whoops, something went wrong. Try again in a few seconds"

I just keep then following it up with "ok google, you suck" which prompts it to ask for feedback and I repeat my lack of enjoyment attempting to play music from my library.

Happy to have this device, sad to feel like it's still in beta

Lok52

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Where is your music downloaded? Mine is on my phone & Home can't access it there. The only way it can tell you have access to a specific song or album you ask for is if you have a paid subscription to a music service. Google Assistant on your phone should be able to play your music, not Home.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Where is your music downloaded? Mine is on my phone & Home can't access it there. The only way it can tell you have access to a specific song or album you ask for is if you have a paid subscription to a music service. Google Assistant on your phone should be able to play your music, not Home.

All my music is uploaded to Play Music.

Used to be if you had a free account you couldn't play your own stuff on demand from Home, but that was changed recently.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...e-home-uploaded-purchased-music-now-available

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FergusonMiriam