Will Verizon Nexus One be usable on Sprint?

ap3604

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Oooooh... didn't think about that when I bought my N1... I have to look up the Sprint vs Verizon CDMA bandwiths in order to see if they will work... If so it might be worth it to go with the CDMA version in order to have 2 carrier options for 3g

Edit: after looking up wether it would work... about 85-90% of people say it wont work due to the specific software installed... BUT I couldnt find anything yet about an unlocked CDMA phone being used on either carrier... I'll update it as I go.

Last edited:

Ruben

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
It's too bad. Sprint needs some new Androids, but I'm sure they'll get some new power ones soon. Supersonic???

Sorry, can't post the link until 10 posts.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
i am pretty sure all frequencies between the two are compatible. but i have always heard that if it doesnt say sprint on it, sprint is not activating it. also vice versa with vzw. i havnt found one case of someone succesfully using the other carriers phone on their network.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
i am pretty sure all frequencies between the two are compatible. but i have always heard that if it doesnt say sprint on it, sprint is not activating it. also vice versa with vzw. i havnt found one case of someone succesfully using the other carriers phone on their network.

You have now ;)

You'll need a friend at Sprint, a legitmate Sprint CDMA developer or 3rd party support and re-certification account, or some tools to do something very illegal. Another case of gov't looking out for business interests instead of the citizens by making it against the law to change the ESN number on a phone you paid for.

It's also a good way to destroy a 500.00 phone. Wait for the Supersonic instead.

Droid_Moment

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Each company pretty much wants to keep their end of the incoming gross for the phone models they sell through websites/carriers/stores. You pay a hefty fee for a good phone, but sometimes its pointless because you want to move from carrier to carrier but its not possible.

I'm still waiting on the SS drop the moment

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo