Nexus One Acting Up

qst4

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus One has been acting screwy all morning, some of the issues:

1. Daylight Savings did not automatically update. Had to do it manually.
2. Some of my music art disappeared. Not all of it, just a select few.
3. Music Widget (Pure Music 4X1) would not update with the current playing music from the stock music app. It's working now after pulling the battery a couple of times.
4. The Add Album Art app would not work properly and had several forced closes, eventually I just got frustrated and deleted it.
5. Stock music app is running unusually slow, in regards to scrolling through albums. Had several force closes.
6. A couple of time the force close with the music app and album art app caused the entire phones screen to go black and it would not restart properly until I pulled the battery.

A little strange. The only thing I did prior to this morning was put a bodyguardz on the screen and upload about 50 songs via Double Twist. I'm thinking the 16GB Kinsington SD card might be the issue, but I seemed to be able to access my pictures without issue. I had the Advanced Task Killer but I deleted that as I was trying to trouble shoot, didn't seem to have an effect though. Maybe today was just strange, but I'm new to Android and wondered had anyone seen these issues before?

qst4

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
@Rusty, Thanks for the reply. My memory card went bad, I switched from the 16GB back to the 4GB card the Nexus came with and the majority of the issues went away.

The big issue I still have is the time is off by +1 hours, since DST went into effect on Sunday. Talked to Google support and did a factory reset, still didn't fix the issue. They were trying to tell me the phone is connecting to a tower in the Central Time Zone, which sounds sort of strange since I live 40 miles north of NYC. When I set the time to automatic the time zone goes to Central and the correct time, but when I change it to Eastern Time the Time is ahead an hour. And even with it changed to Central my Clocks Around the World App is off by +1 hour but all of my calendar entries are now reading -1 behind coinciding with Central Time Zone. What a mess!

Rusty Shackelford

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your card. I have a 16 as well and I had to actually zero all the data on the card before it would function properly (regular formatting did not work). Good luck with the time zone issue. Hope you can get that ironed out.

qst4

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
After several forced resets, the time is finally working correctly. Unfortunately I can't isolate what I did other than pulling the battery and Sim card several times. It maybe that there was a lag in T-mobiles adjustment for DST. Hopefully this will not happen the next time. There have been a few people on T-Mobile and Googles support forum noting the same issue, to include a few Mytouch users.