attaching documents to emails?

noaim

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
is there a way to attach documents to emails? I only seem to have the option to attach media and it would be really helpful if I could attach word docs

spacehippie2k

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Astro File Manager, a free app available in the Market, will (among many other things) allow you to attach any file to an email. You would just use Astro to browse to the file you want to send, long press on it, select "Send", and choose your method. You will only be able to attach one file per email this way (at least I haven't found a way to send multiple ones).

noaim

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
Astro File Manager, a free app available in the Market, will (among many other things) allow you to attach any file to an email. You would just use Astro to browse to the file you want to send, long press on it, select "Send", and choose your method. You will only be able to attach one file per email this way (at least I haven't found a way to send multiple ones).

thanks a ton for your response this helps a great deal

maxiang

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
is there a way to attach documents to emails? I only seem to have the option to attach media and it would be really helpful if I could attach word docs
Documents To Go will let you send as attachment as well as save incoming to your sdcard.

dianagr#AC

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
But is there any way to do this from within email sending?

The other way will not allow you to attach in reply to a received email.

Thanks!!

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
But is there any way to do this from within email sending?

The other way will not allow you to attach in reply to a received email.

Thanks!!

If you want this functionality in your mailer then the best bet is to ditch the mailers that came with the phone, and go with k-9 mail.

You can tap attach directly in K-9, and it will prompt you to select which application to use to find the file, (gallery, Astro, etc) and then it will attach it, and send it for you.
So you can do it on replys or forwards, etc.

Go get K-9. Its really the best mailer out there as far as I can see, and its cheap, (as in free). Powerful, (and slightly more complex to set up, but it handles Gmail, exchange, and Imap servers perfectly. (Pop too if you are still stuck on a pop server).

rtbcomp

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to drag this up after so long!

I've done this with OI File manager.

Select the file you want to attach > long tap > send > select > Email

Enter address to send to, edit title if necessary (this defaults to the filename) and then enter email text. DON'T delete the attachment!

Send the Email

One point, I tried sending a VCF file (contact record) to Thunderbird. Although the attachment showed up OK it disappeared when I opened the email and the contact cards appeared in-line with the email. If you have this problem copy the file and remove the extension before sending. Tell the recipient what the extension was.