I'm abit confused... Help?

DatDroid

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
So I was looking at the specs of a nexus 10 tablet on a website and I am very much eager to get one, but on the website it says it has a Nickel Cadmium battery. I do much hate the Nickel Cadmium because of the dreaded "memory loss" affect and having to charge for 16 hours as soon as you get it or the battery will be affected, and having to completely charge/discharge it once every 2-3 weeks. (beleive me, I have already read up much about how to take care of Nickel Cadmium batteries, it's a horrid nightmare,so please don't turn this into a topic talking about how to properly care for batteries. Anyhow the question I want to know and the only one I want to know is what battery does the Nexus 10 have? The website spec sheet says a Nickel Cadmium, but I think I've heard some people say it is a Lithium Polymer or Lithium Ion, so I hope the website is wrong.
:)

DatDroid

Tigger76

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not certain which web site you're seeing that information on, but it is wrong. The tech specs shown on the US Google Play store website for the Nexus 10 show this:

BATTERY
9000 mAh Lithium polymer

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Its most certainly lith ion, a battery of this size in nic cad would make the tablet an inch thick....be quite comical actually. Nic cad is what you used to find in a cordless drill but even they use lith ion now....

RonD

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't know of any device that uses NiCd, in fact I believe NiCd's are banned in Europe. Cadmium, the Cd in NiCd is a hazardous material. The batteries are call LiIon, but are usually LiPolymer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syandroid