Nexus 7 Vs. Nexus 10

yuppicide

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I've wanted a tablet for awhile now.. I'm looking at the Nexus 7 Vs the Nexus 10.

Their website says the Nexus 7 has a Quad-Core processor, while the Nexus 10 only has a Dual-Core processor.. why would they not use a better processor or maybe there's a reason for going with the other processor?

Should I be too concerned? I think I'd rather have the bigger screen.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I've wanted a tablet for awhile now.. I'm looking at the Nexus 7 Vs the Nexus 10.

Their website says the Nexus 7 has a Quad-Core processor, while the Nexus 10 only has a Dual-Core processor.. why would they not use a better processor or maybe there's a reason for going with the other processor?

Should I be too concerned? I think I'd rather have the bigger screen.

To summarize what Devlyn pointed in the article, the dual core processor in N10 is far better than quad core processor in N7

Samsung Exynos 5 Dual 5250: specs and features. What you need to know

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 7: 4 pony power
Nexus 10: 2 Horse power
If I were you, I would choose Nexus 10. :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

yuppicide

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that. What's stupid on Google's part if you ask me is that they specify the speed of the 7" tablet on their website.. the 10" they don't specify. They should tell people that hey the new processor is better. That's why I had to ask.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that. What's stupid on Google's part if you ask me is that they specify the speed of the 7" tablet on their website.. the 10" they don't specify. They should tell people that hey the new processor is better. That's why I had to ask.
they did!! in the spec section
CPU/GPU
Exynos 5 Dual
CPU: Dual-core ARM Cortex-A15
GPU: Mali-T604

I guess a normal person wouldn't understand the difference between A9 and A15.
A15 is the new architecture. there was lot of hype about A15 and Exynos 5 from samsung before the Nexus 10 release.

mikebear

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Bottom line - they're both good tablets for the money, the question is more about the size. If it's not going to leave the house (most of the time) get a N10, if you want portability get the N7. I have both and am happy with both. One accompanies me outside the house, the other stays at home.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 10 is still perfectly portable to take outside your house if you take it to school and put it in your school bag. It's just not as portable as the Nexus 7 obviously.

eronfaure

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I own a Nexus 4 and a 7. I am wanting to sell my 7 for a 10 because if I am planning on taking a tablet somewhere, chances are it is to browse the 'net or do something quick and easy. For that, I have my 4. My 7 usually stays at home so a 10 would make more sense for me.

The big question to ask yourself is what you would be using it for and do you have a smartphone(s) to complement your tablet choice.

llamainmypocket

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I think you either need a 7 inch or you don't. If you don't need a small screen then you are better off with the 10.

What i mean is that a 7 inch tablet I'd better as a positional hub that doesn't move. Namely, installed in the dashboard of a car for media, navigation, and access to the cars computer for diagnosis. In furniture or wall as a hub for music, media control, and home control.

dsuppa

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 N7 (one is for the Mrs) and just got the 10 as well. The screen quality is amazing on the 10. I am definitely using the 10 for more web browsing, media,forums and comics. The 7 is way better for taking with me when I go to work or just out and about. I would say if you can keep the 7 AND get the 10 do it , but if its one or the other keep your 7 since its great for every task AND much more portable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress