Optimized apps.

anon(638630)

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
What are your favorite tablet optimized apps? Just got a Nexus 10 but hate the stretched out apps :( still love my Nexus 4 but I don't know if I should have bought an iPad.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
A lot of Android apps frankly do look silly on 10" screens. the official twitter and facebook apps are my favorite example. they outright look stupid, and both Twitter and Facebook should be ashamed of their Android Tablet support.

Getting off my soapbox, there are a number of good tablet optimized apps. in the play store they highlight different ones every week or so in the "staff picks for tablets" section. keep poking through there and you will run into a number of good ones.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
You can also try searching tablet on the play store itll pull up the tablet optimized apps I believe.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
A lot of Android apps frankly do look silly on 10" screens. the official twitter and facebook apps are my favorite example. they outright look stupid, and both Twitter and Facebook should be ashamed of their Android Tablet support.

Getting off my soapbox, there are a number of good tablet optimized apps. in the play store they highlight different ones every week or so in the "staff picks for tablets" section. keep poking through there and you will run into a number of good ones.

Well the Facebook app has been criticized for years for other reasons so that's no surprise.

Posted via Android Central App

silentagenda

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
For social networking, I use Plume (Twitter) and Friendcaster (Facebook). These two are tablet optimized and work out fairly well, actually. News-wise, I use either the BBC app or News 360. There are tons and tons of games that are optimized for tablets. I frequently play Shadowgun or Simpsons: Tapped Out, for example.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress