Android and Microsoft MSN/Hotmail/Outlook

BigFoot48

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
A few days ago the default email program in our Nexus 7 (bought 1 month ago) and Nexus 10 (bought in Dec) started having problems connecting with ("couldn't open connection to server") and downloading sent emails from our Microsoft MSN email account. Prior to this it had worked flawlessly in showing both inbox and sent items from our account and the original setup of the account in both devices was automatic. Google doesn't find any discussion of this problem with Nexus tablets, but plenty with Droid phones going back years.

Anyone have this problem and know of a solution? I've also tried AquaMail and MS Outlook (lousy app) with the same result.

Banefire

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I am not having any issues with getting my Hotmail email on my Nexus 10.

You could try deleting the account and recreating it. Something my gotten hosed in you account settings and propagated from one system to the other via Google backup.

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure the issues Microsoft has been having that were all over the news about outlook.com have been resolved yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

BigFoot48

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I learned of the issues Outlook was having and that did correspond to about the time we noticed the problem, but with us still having it I'm wondering if it's been fixed or they've made a change that impacted Android. I have tried deleting the account and reinstalling with no improvement. I've also tried alternative server IDs that other people have had success with to no avail. I really don't want to give up an MSN account I've had for 10 years, or convert it to Outlook if that is the issue.

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
There is nothing you can do on your end. The problem is with the Outlook.com authentication servers. We just need to be patient.

Posted from my Awesome Nexus 10 with the new Android Central App

BigFoot48

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 7 2 locked up yesterday after I did a power off and it would not get pass the X boot screen, so I ended up doing a restore (not sure what the real term is). When I loaded MSN in the email program it worked again (after taking some time to load current emails) showing both inbox items and sent items. So I'm going to clear the setting on the Nexus 10 and set them to what my 7 shows and see if I can get it working again without having to do a restore. But I agree and think the problem was and is on the Outlook end.

Thanks for all the advice.

BigFoot48

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I ended up removing the MSN account in the Nexus email program and using the automatic mode to set it up again and it is now working as it previously did with no connection error messages and showing sent items.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699