Nexus 10 (2013) Leaks and Info

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
For all of you who were wondering about what I would do I analyzed this thing to death. On the one hand I had a android tablet and phone and was familiar with the system, on the other hand my current tablet was aging rapidly and there were only baseless rumors about the new Nexus 10, and on the third hand the Apple iPad Air was so cool looking and had some nice features and since Google never really said that there ever would be a Nexus 10 and I was able to get the new Air for $50. less I did so. I am not sorry. What I am sorry for is those who have a "loyalty" to a tool. That is all an Android tablet is - a tool for gathering and using content. Its like being "loyal" to a hammer when what you need is a wrench. I got the Air and am loving it. Who knows - when I tire of this I may get an Android version 99, if it is the best product at the time.

It's the whole ecosystem not just a piece of hardware. I have an Android phone that pairs nicely with my tablet. Also I don't want to rebuy dozens, if not hundreds, off apps I've already purchased for Android.

Posted via Android Central App

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
For all of you who were wondering about what I would do I analyzed this thing to death. On the one hand I had a android tablet and phone and was familiar with the system, on the other hand my current tablet was aging rapidly and there were only baseless rumors about the new Nexus 10, and on the third hand the Apple iPad Air was so cool looking and had some nice features and since Google never really said that there ever would be a Nexus 10 and I was able to get the new Air for $50. less I did so. I am not sorry. What I am sorry for is those who have a "loyalty" to a tool. That is all an Android tablet is - a tool for gathering and using content. Its like being "loyal" to a hammer when what you need is a wrench. I got the Air and am loving it. Who knows - when I tire of this I may get an Android version 99, if it is the best product at the time.

I never understand why folks take it personally either, but let's face it, this is an ANDROID forum...if you mention you bought an Apple product, you should at least expect to take some jabs, even in jest.

It's the whole ecosystem not just a piece of hardware. I have an Android phone that pairs nicely with my tablet. Also I don't want to rebuy dozens, if not hundreds, off apps I've already purchased for Android.

That's the way I see it too...but I know quite a few folks who have an Android phone and an iPad, or an iPhone and a Nexus 7, etc.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

This is probably the only reason I haven't gone out and bought an iPad Air already. If all my purchases could trasnfer over I would not be waiting for this mythical nexus 10.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
. I am not sorry. What I am sorry for is those who have a "loyalty" to a tool. That is all an Android tablet is - a tool for gathering and using content. Its like being "loyal" to a hammer when what you need is a wrench. I got the Air and am loving it. Who knows - when I tire of this I may get an Android version 99, if it is the best product at the time.

either way a Tablet, any Tablet is a tool, I think you are confusing Loyalty to a tool with Loyalty to a brand. Android vs. iOS. Brand not a tool. In the end it is no different that Sony vs. Microsoft, Craftsman vs. Stanley Dewalt vs. Milwaulkee etc. Peopel will favor a brand they have a vested interest in.Some will stay Loyal to their Brand ifthat means the Apps they bought for their Phone will automatically work and be installed on their tablet or the battery for their cordless drill will fit te cordless saw they purchse. Beyond that they may choose to support or avoid particular barnd becuse of the Policies that company keeps. All are every bit as Valid reasons as the reasons that led you to make your purchase.

For what it is worth I choose android becuase I am vested in that ecosystem while still having ability to go outside the ecosystem. I avoid Apple becuase I don't like their Patent philosphy.

I choose Sony because I find they have a healthy mix of GOOD family friendly and mature games

I choose Craftsman becuase when I haven't I've had problems with the tool.

I choose Dewalt becuase I like the color yellow.

I choose AndroidCentral because I like the articles, the authors/bloggers/people in the forums go out of their way to help each other

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
If it doesn't appear what do people think are 10'' android alternatives?

There seems to be a lack of premium devices at present.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
If it doesn't appear what do people think are 10'' android alternatives?

There seems to be a lack of premium devices at present.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

You could go Note 10.1 2014 or wait it out until CES and hope something interesting is released.

Boomer52

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I am in the same boat. I was hoping for a new nexus 10 by Christmas, but that didn't happen.
Sooooo. Will wait and see what is announced at CES next month. If Google has nothing new to report, then I will go with a note 10.1(2014)

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat. I was hoping for a new nexus 10 by Christmas, but that didn't happen.
Sooooo. Will wait and see what is announced at CES next month. If Google has nothing new to report, then I will go with a note 10.1(2014)

It was very hard to overcome my temptation to grab an iPad Air from Target over boxing day and just be done with my tablet search. But, instead I have decided to wait until CES and all the other major tech events pass too decide what tablet I am going to buy.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
According to rumors, we were supposed to see a Nexus 10 from Samsung during CES. Any updates/official news for this?

Samsung would not be the one to show a Nexus device. That would be Google. Samsung was busy showing their new "Pro" line tablets.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
According to rumors, we were supposed to see a Nexus 10 from Samsung during CES. Any updates/official news for this?

According to rumors:

• Samsung will make the next Nexus 10
  • Asus will make the next Nexus 10
  • The Next nexus 10 wil be 11 inches
  • the Nexus 10 will be released in October 2013
  • the Nexus 10 will be released in Novemberr 2013
  • the Nexus 10 will be released on Black Friday 2013
  • the Nexus 10 will be released in December 2013

If I don't see Android Central REPORT on the rumors then I consider the rumor to have not basis in fact.

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
According to rumors:

• Samsung will make the next Nexus 10
  • Asus will make the next Nexus 10
  • The Next nexus 10 wil be 11 inches
  • the Nexus 10 will be released in October 2013
  • the Nexus 10 will be released in Novemberr 2013
  • the Nexus 10 will be released on Black Friday 2013
  • the Nexus 10 will be released in December 2013

If I don't see Android Central REPORT on the rumors then I consider the rumor to have not basis in fact.

I stopped with paying attention to rumors and just asked for a Nexus 10 for Xmas. Love it so far, though the occasional random reboot is annoying!

If they come out with a new one that I think is better, I'll upgrade and this one can go to my husband. Win, win!

Sent from my Nexus 7