Now over a year old, should I buy a Nexus 10?

matty3054

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Here's my predicament - I want to get a new tablet and I'm torn between the newer LG G Pad 8.3 and the Nexus 10. I will mainly be using this tablet for streaming video/sports (i.e. MLB.TV package, NFL Sunday Ticket, Optimum app as a second TV in my living room). Is the Nexus 10 worth getting even though it'd a year old already? Is it still the best 10 inch Android tablet?

Or should I go with a slightly smaller but much newer tablet like the G Pad 8.3?

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I just got one for my wife. I would have waited if they new ones were coming out in time for Christmas. Waiting is always an issue that we all face. There's waiting for better tech and features, waiting for a price decline, and waiting to avoid obsolescence. Sometimes you may not want to wait because you have particular needs and want to use the device now. In our case, my didn't have a tablet and was tired of hassling with the screen size on her smart phone. We now both have Nexus 10's and Nexus 4's. Everything syncs and getting setup was really easy even for a techno minus geezer. Having everything Google made it pretty painless. YMMV

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Well if you get the g pad gpe you get a faster performer but personally if u get a g pad ibwpuldent get the stock lg version the skin is weird but in the end its up to you

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 or Moto G

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I bought a used one on eBay last week for really cheap and am extremely happy that I did so.

Posted via Android Central App

1dtb

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I am over here from the HTC DNA forum. I realized after a year that my phone can create a hotspot so I can share my data to a tablet.

Question, Do a lot of phones create hotspots and will Verizon shut off this feature when they realize I am piggy backing a tablet on my program without sending them 10 dollars a month?

If Verizon does not care about this I am going to buy a tablet. I have narrowed my choice to a new N10, iPad Air or maybe a new Samsung if a good one is introduced at CES 2014. I would like at least 64 GB storage with expandable storage or 128 GB without. When I bought my phone, the advice I took was that 16 GB storage would be enough. Well one year into owning the DNA I am bumping into the storage limit. I attribute this to the fact that I love the DNA and I like all the new apps that have come out that I didi not know about. So if I get a tablet this will take the pressure off the DNA storage limit. Thats what I tell myself anyway.

I am looking to you folks for your advice for a tablet, I have both windows 8.1 and a iMac at home so I can sync to any tablet out there and I run a android phone and probably will never run a iPhone.

What can you add? and Thanks

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I bought a used one on eBay last week for really cheap and am extremely happy that I did so.

Posted via Android Central App

This. Maybe find a used one to hold you over. I picked one up on Craigslist. I'm in a big city, Phoenix, so there were several. Only wanted the cheaper 16gb, but found a 32 and got it for $230. At that price I don't mind selling it at a loss and getting the 10.2 if it comes out.

Last edited:

Grizzle34

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping Samsung/Google release something soon I'm in the market for a new tablet after finally selling that horridly slow iPad 3 I got a year ago. I missed out on a chance of a 32gb nexus 10 brand new for ?274! Joys of monthly pay lol.

1dtb

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I was at a adult party, the daughter of the host was showing me the features of a N7. LOL she was an expert!

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I got the Nexus 10 for Xmas. Also thought about waiting until something new and hopefully lighter came out, but decided to just ask for it. Absolutely love it so far! If something new does come out, hubby can have this while I go for the newer model! Presuming I feel the newer model is actually better.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non