Hangouts messages not delivered

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

My parents have a nexus 10 and recently (i.e. the past two months or so) none of the hangouts messages they send me from the tablet go through. I think the issue is coming from their end and not from mine because when they open their hangout history in gmail, those messages do not appear. When they send me messages through the computer everything works fine.

I first told them to clear data from hangouts, uninstall updates and reinstall but this didn't solve the problem. I then instructed them to do a factory reset of the device, but the problem is still there. Has anyone encountered the same problem or has any idea how to fix it? The only think I can think off is to now contact Google or the shop they bought the tablet from and get it exchanged but I don't know how easy this will be with such a problem.

Thanks for the help!

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. So it just got resolved on its own for you? How long did it last?

Posted via Android Central App

cannonballz73

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
My hangouts freezes and won't send messages if they are rapid fire messages. It's like the server just can't handle the load. I'm bailing and won't be using this app anymore. It always happens at the worst time (like when I'm fighting with my wife) and then you can't even copy the text to the messaging app.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
My hangouts freezes and won't send messages if they are rapid fire messages. It's like the server just can't handle the load. I'm bailing and won't be using this app anymore. It always happens at the worst time (like when I'm fighting with my wife) and then you can't even copy the text to the messaging app.

Maybe you need a different wife, not a different messaging app? ;-)

Seriously though, I'm been using hangouts on all my devices since it was introduced. Although it's not perfect but has had incremental improvements, I've never had crashing or force closing issues.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App