Can't Get Google Text notifications

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I finally got it to work by doing a forced restart on watch
Just turning it off then on did nothing.

The restart somehow made it work... or the sun fixed it. LOL

Thanks to all for your help.
I had the 5Pro and Google Messages would not come thru on the watch. Switched to the 6 Classic and still no notifications. The only difference I see between Google Messages and Samsung messages is the RCS Chat. I'm turning it off to see if texts come thru to the watch.

Update: turning off RCS didn't make notifications come thru on my watch. Uninstalled and back to Samsung Messages

Last edited:
Reactions: recDNA

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I had the 5Pro and Google Messages would not come thru on the watch. Switched to the 6 Classic and still no notifications. The only difference I see between Google Messages and Samsung messages is the RCS Chat. I'm turning it off to see if texts come thru to the watch.

Update: turning off RCS didn't make notifications come thru on my watch. Uninstalled and back to Samsung Messages
I'm sure you thought of this but... did you go into the wear app on the phone to advanced then notifications then uncheck samsung messages and check Google messages?

Did you try uninstalling GM then reinstalling?

Did you try a restart on the watch? In the 5 you hold down both buttons. I don't have the 6.

Nothing worked for me until it did.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Did you make sure that notifications are toggled on in the watch settings? I get Google Messages notifications with no problem.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
thanks for everybody's suggestions. Yes, I've tried them all. I just wonder if it is a Verizon issue. Samsung Messages works just fine for me so I'll leave it alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: recDNA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana