N4 or GALAXY NEXUS with LTE? (need help, from M?xico)

alexhp26

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
hi there!
im new in this site so bear with me. Im in a complex situacion cause im struggeling to decide either to buy both unlocked (im from northern mexico, so i can still order things from the us with a friend) GALAXY NEXUS or the NEXUS 4 straigth from google.

A couple of days ago my celephone carrier (and mexico's biggest) have just launched the 4g/lte services in select cities in wich luckly i live. So here is the big question, Should i buy the fairly old speched GALAXY NEXUS but have LTE, or go for the (in my opinion) beautiful and powerful N4 but stay out of the LTE party (wich will be awesome at first due to the lack of LTE initial population)

Really need advice in thisone. Thanks in advance!

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming... Telcel is your carrier? I know they recently launched LTE.

Well, either way you won't get LTE. The only LTE model of the Galaxy Nexus that's available is carrier locked and runs on CDMA/LTE for Verizon or Sprint in the U.S., so it won't work in Mexico. Unless I'm somehow unaware of a special GSM/LTE GNex made for Mexico.

There's also no LTE version of the Nexus 4. Just GSM/HSPA+.

So you're going to be on HSPA+ either way, and in that case it's a no brainer to get the Nexus 4 considering the pricing.

alexhp26

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
OH! its all clear now, thank you. I already knew about that galaxy nexus lte/verizon but i wasnt thinking straight about it, i thaught that if i bought the galaxy nexus it would be LTE by default, my bad!
Its decided then, N4 ftw haha.. thanks a lot andrew.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
OH! its all clear now, thank you. I already knew about that galaxy nexus lte/verizon but i wasnt thinking straight about it, i thaught that if i bought the galaxy nexus it would be LTE by default, my bad!

Thats the confusion most people have about LTE these days.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

No problem.