Have you cracked your Nexus 4 yet?

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
People are also taking these phones and jogging with them and you see bike mounts for street and trail and especially trail that will take a lot of hammering within the mount... and I'll tell ya i've ran and biked with the iphone and tumbled and the iphones can take the vibration/rattling pretty well. i would be afraid of stress cracks on these phones.. but time will tell and maybe my opinion will change... just feels more fragile.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Nothings impossible to fix... probably like a car... once damage exceeds a certain amount, then it's considered totaled and not worth it. probably found something else broken and they said fuggetit.

LG is not at fault for breaking it. But they should repair it. Why can't they replace the touchscreen?

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Damn that quoted post is from a ways back. But there is a company that does this but only for iPhone 4/4s and 5.

If you break your phone in a cell helmet they will replace it for 50 bucks. Insurance deal is good for 1 year. You can do it with a brand new or old phone. After the one year you can buy and register a new one for another year.

It does not cover water damage but does cover any other accidental damage.

I used a coupon code, cell50, to get 50% off of one for my mother in laws new iPhone 4s. Cost me 22 bucks. Not a bad deal.

www.cellhelmet.com

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Coop1979

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Why in gods name do people put their phone in the back pocket? I never understood that. Stupidest spot in the world. Its like putting it in your shoe!

I have my Note 2 in my front pocket while I try out TMO'S service. I always take it out when I sit down.

Sent from my SPH-L900

minioninnc27292

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Haven't cracked the back but mine came with a cracked frame. Back side on the right top corner all the way to the chrome trim. Called in today for a replacement. Was easy to work with Google.

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I accidentally dropped mine from my bed, and onto the carpet. It was wearing the Ionic Guardian case when it happened. Do you think that that cracked it? I don't want to take the case off to check, since it can be a pain to put on. I did hear a noise, but that was likely this infamous rattle.

Weirdo0815

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I got my Nexus 4 on Dec 6th (ordered on Nov 27th) and took it on a week long cruise. I was very impressed with how well the phone held up the entire week and with how great the pictures were. Then the day between getting off the ship and going home, my phone slid off the bathroom counter in the hotel and landed on the tile floor... two horrific bounces later, this is the result...

Attachments

• IMG_20121218_144911.jpg
    IMG_20121218_144911.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 453

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I haven't cracked mine yet. But this phone is so slippery when sending a text in my car, I accidentally dropped it between the seat, and the center console. I now have a small hairline scratch on the screen. Its not noticeable at all but it's the idea that I know it's there :'( This phone is slipper, so be careful folks.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I got my Nexus 4 on Dec 6th (ordered on Nov 27th) and took it on a week long cruise. I was very impressed with how well the phone held up the entire week and with how great the pictures were. Then the day between getting off the ship and going home, my phone slid off the bathroom counter in the hotel and landed on the tile floor... two horrific bounces later, this is the result...
That sucks man. I was just looking at your amazing photos from your cruise (love cruises btw). Are you sending it in for repairs?

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Why in gods name do people put their phone in the back pocket? I never understood that. Stupidest spot in the world. Its like putting it in your shoe!

How is that a bad spot? I put my phone in my back pocket too. I have my wallet in my front left pocket and keys/ammo on my right pocket. If I'm not wearing a jacket, the phone goes to the back left pocket. Plus I rather have my phone be in the back than my wallet for security reason.

And I never sit on the phone either even though it is in the back pocket the phone moves enough to the left when I sit it it doesn't do anything to the phone.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
How is that a bad spot? I put my phone in my back pocket too. I have my wallet in my front left pocket and keys/ammo on my right pocket. If I'm not wearing a jacket, the phone goes to the back left pocket. IPlus I rather have my phone be in the back than my wallet for security reason.

And I never sit on the phone either even though it is in the back pocket the phone moves enough to the left when I sit it it doesn't do anything to the phone.

Haha you're all backwards. Where do you carry things like pens or glasses? In your sleeve? I like to carry my wallet in my shoe, my phone in my pant leg, and my keys in my hat.

Weirdo0815

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
That sucks man. I was just looking at your amazing photos from your cruise (love cruises btw). Are you sending it in for repairs?

I haven't decided yet. I just got some Nillkin brand cases in for my phone (the flip open and the hard snap-on kind) and they both cover the back completely so I don't see them. The camera has no cracks through it and everything about the phone works just fine. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so the cracks are bothersome, even if I don't see them. However, hearing that its $140-ish to fix it doesn't make me want to rush out to fix it. LG told me that it would take 5-8 business days to be repaired and with the holidays coming up, that would mean I'd be without it for easily 2 weeks... After the holidays, I will reconsider it but at this point, I'm not likely to get it fixed.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Haha you're all backwards. Where do you carry things like pens or glasses? In your sleeve? I like to carry my wallet in my shoe, my phone in my pant leg, and my keys in my hat.
Where do you put the ammo though? :confused:

JSemaj

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Ended up ordering 4 phones instead of 2 because of the whole google system getting messed up on the initial day. I ended up selling the two extra to friends at cost of course. We've had the phones for about a month now and the predicament doesn't look good:

Phone 1: While wearing dress pants at work, I stood up, put phone in my back pocket with nothing else in it, walked to a meeting two floors down, pulled out the phone and felt a little sharp pain on my finger. On that short trip with nothing touching it and nothing hitting it, the back glass broke around the top around the camera and down about an inch in an arch and back up on the other side. There was no case on the phone, but then again, nothing was in the lose back pocket and nothing hit it. I've had an iPhone 2g, Nexus One, and a Nexus S, and this is something I've always done with all those phones over the many years without breaks. No cases on them ever.

Phone 2: Since phone 1 was putting glass into my hand, I was going to steal the case from phone 2, which was my wife's, that had been on it since the day we took the phone out of the box. The phone was never dropped, but she does put it in her purse. When I took the case off of her phone, I found the back of her phone was cracked. Again, she's had the iPhone 2g and the Nexus S, in her case both have had cases on them, but no issues.

Phone 3: My friend dropped it while he was getting it out of the car dock and the phone landed on the dash below, and the front glass cracked and spidered for the entire bottom. To find out even more, it had actually landed on the side at an angle. This one is easily debatable and could be user blamed. Seriously though, four years of having other phones since Nexus 1, just as clumsy with others, but this one he said cracked unbelievably easy. Might have just hit a sweet spot. Who knows. He did mention that while looking at where it hit, on the sides of the phone, the glass actually has corners in the cut that aren't protected by the frame and it landed on the glass corner and that's what did it he thinks. He didn't have a case on it, but again, he's never had a case on any of his smart phones in the last five years and this is the first one that broke.

Phone 4: Actually still not broken.

I'm just feeling that something is up a bit since 75% of the phones we have are broke within the first month, with people that have had smart phones for years before without issues. If you get a Nexus 4, get a case that covers those exposed glass sides at the least.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Ive dropped mine but luckily didn't crack it. I managed to get the official bumper sent out to me, but it makes the phone too wide. I prefer the naked feel, but I know I will be cursing myself if it does crack.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

eeleechan

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Yikes, just reading this thread gives me the creeps! And it's only been 2 days since I bought it. Ordering a case right now! Not gonna risk it.