My take on N4 faults. Brainstorming would be great.

hiitsmeoi

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Here it is.

Finally bought a nexus 4 on Tuesday this week from Carhpone Warehouse in the UK obviously. I had read about these problem before I bought it:

1. Really big drains on battery
2. buzzing sound coming from the phone
3. cracking sound near the camera on the back

Before reading on, please click on these 2 links and read them first.
1. Google Nexus 4 owners are getting buzzed...from the earpiece, that is
2. Issue 39936 - android - Nexus 4 constant buzzing in earpiece - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

So my phone which I purchased on Tuesday had the buzzing and the battery drain stuff, didn't have any problems with the camera. Not just when shaking the phone. Just by touching it sometimes the buzz would happen. Not all the time, but sometimes. I made a call with it today and throughout the call it was buzzing like *buzz* hi baby *buzz* how are *buzz* you? *buzz*.
Really annoying. In the first article I posted they say the buzzing causes battery drain. I found it to be true. When I left work at 6 pm this evening, I had 18hrs on battery with 58%. After 20 minutes and one call, nothing else, my battery was 40%. I was literally watching my battery go 50-45-40% in 3 heartbeats.

So tonight I went ahead and got my phone replaced. No problems there, Caphone Warehouse replaced it without asking one question about it.
So my second N4 doesnt seem to have the buzzing so far. I shook the device like a 100 times, called 4 or 5 people and no buzzing yet.(although it has the cracking sound near the camera on the back igottrolledlolol....) BUT! This is where it gets interesting. When I held the earpiece up to my ear I noticed that there was a noise coming from it. Like the earpiece was on and not switched off after a call. And this might be the cause of the terrible battery life. I can hear the noise when the phone is on or locked, but not when it's off.

Some say it's a shielding issue and a lot of ppl say the buzz and the noise is using battery.
If you think your phone doesn't have these problems, please just listen to it in complete and utter silence.

Any input would be greatly appriciated.

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I get no buzzing... Crystal clear calls. I do have the little rattle when I shake or tap the phone though. Noticed it when I set the phone down on the couch arm one day.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Alcarnor14

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Some say it's a shielding issue and a lot of ppl say the buzz and the noise is using battery.
If you think your phone doesn't have these problems, please just listen to it in complete and utter silence.

Any input would be greatly appriciated.

If you are in a very quiet environment, you might be hearing the LCD screen refresh.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I've got this too it's a bit annoying but nothing too bad. Hopefully not a hardware fault.

If you're having the issue you should register your phone on the LG website and email them to see what they say. That's what I've just done, might take a few emails for them to take notice though. I don't trust Google to respond.

djkleric

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I get no buzzing... Crystal clear calls. I do have the little rattle when I shake or tap the phone though. Noticed it when I set the phone down on the couch arm one day.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I think the rattle might be the volume rocker. That is where mine seems to come from. Not that bad though. Not very noticeable, I only heard it because I have read about it. Otherwise I dont think I would have ever heard it. No buzzing of any kind on my phone though, I guess I got lucky there.

Edit:
Spoke too soon, I do here the buzzing now. Damn.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa