Tmobile MMS not working

lmrvrgs

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems being able to send mms on tmobile. I can receive mms but not send out.
I checked my apn settings and everything seems to be good. I just called tmobile and they said everything seems fine, idk whats going in but its looking more and more like i might need to do a factory reset which i really do not want to do after setting everything up on my phone. Any advice? I live in Brooklyn NY

My APN settings
Apn: epc.tmobile.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy:
MMS port:
MCC:310
MNC: 260
Authentication type:
APN type: default,supl,mms
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4

nikola80ser

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems being able to send mms on tmobile. I can receive mms but not send out.
I checked my apn settings and everything seems to be good. I just called tmobile and they said everything seems fine, idk whats going in but its looking more and more like i might need to do a factory reset which i really do not want to do after setting everything up on my phone. Any advice? I live in Brooklyn NY

My APN settings
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMS proxy:
MMS port:
MCC:310
Authentication type:
APN type: default,supl,mms
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Thank you for posting this. I just realized after reading your post that I wasn't able to send MMS either. I got a fix though. I've disabled WiFi and sent MMS and not is working over the network and over the WiFi as well. I hope this helps.

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
My tested/working (sent my wife a pic) APN settings, Bold denotes added settings from default.
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
Username: not set
Password: not set
Server: not set
MMS proxy: not set
MMS port: not set
MCC: 310
Authentication type: not set
APN type: default,supl,mms,admin,dun
APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6
Bearer: unspecified

From my understanding, as was patiently explained by another AC Forums user to me, SMS/MMS rely on the carrier's network and have nothing to do with WiFi. You can test this by enabling Airplane mode then enabling only WiFi, your SMS/MMS messages shouldn't work through the native messaging app.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I didn't change any APN settings when I got my n4 I just popped in Sim and its been working like a charm. Maybe that might be the problem?

mike9186

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I have MMS problems on my new Nexus 4. I tried re-entering the APN info and no dice. The pre-populated info looked correct except the APN protocol being' IPv4' and not 'IPv4/IPv6'.

I am using GoSMS but still have the stock Message application installed.

I had similar problems with my iPhone4 a year ago. It is extremely frustrating.

Ideiasdefora

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
My wife had the same trouble sending MMS over a T-Mobile account on her new Nexus 4. After trying everything listed here is what finally worked:

APN - Reset to Default (on the menu)
On the APN settings:
APN type: <Not Set>
Save

Make sure the T-Mobile US APN is enabled (blue button)

After powering down and turning the phone (Nexus 4) back on the MMS messages were finally sent.

Other things to check:
- Make sure the data access over Mobile Network is enabled
- Make sure the cell phone number is not saved with dashes (not sure if that could be the problem).

Cheers

Kunalpatel87

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Had the same problem with T-Mobile MMS. It turned out to be the AdBlock Plus app. We are an all Nexus family. All unrooted and using the stock messaging app. Hopefully, they have a fix for this! AdBlock kills WiFi performance too.

DaMaDo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Tried all these recommendations but still no go in Miami, FL. Went to local store and they said it won't work here until March due to some network infrastructure they are still setting up here. Doesn't make sense to me, but looks like I need to go to straight talk ATT next month instead.

EDIT: I reset to default turned off/on yet again, but this time I cursed at the phone exactly 4 times, then tried using the stock app again and it works. Go SMS pro still doens't work to send though.

Last edited:

TJ Oyeniyi

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I JUST solved that problem on my phone. There was nothing wrong with my APN. I had turned my "mobile data" OFF, that's what was causing the problem. Even though I'm not on a data plan, MMS apparently uses mobile data to send. Turning it back on immediately solved the problem. Hope that works for you.

Go to Settings-> Data Usage-> Turn Mobile Data ON.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non