Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

vancitypharaoh

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Did anybody from Toronto get a shipping notification?

To be honest, and correct me if I'm wrong, but most people in this thread who have already received a shipping notification seemed to have gotten it last NIGHT. i can only assume for those of us who will be getting shipping notifications today, that we probably won't get them til later this evening...

Has anyone gotten a shipping notification in the AM? And not, have they told us they got it this AM, but have they actually received the email in the AM?

Also, for those of you who HAVE gotten a shipping notification - was the email the first indication? or the play store? or google wallet?

And I'd really like to know the answer to the question that was asked above - did any of you see "pre-ordered" in the play store prior to your shipping confirmation?

BBarnaby

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, and correct me if I'm wrong, but most people in this thread who have already received a shipping notification seemed to have gotten it last NIGHT. i can only assume for those of us who will be getting shipping notifications today, that we probably won't get them til later this evening...

Has anyone gotten a shipping notification in the AM? And not, have they told us they got it this AM, but have they actually received the email in the AM?

Also, for those of you who HAVE gotten a shipping notification - was the email the first indication? or the play store? or google wallet?

And I'd really like to know the answer to the question that was asked above - did any of you see "pre-ordered" in the play store prior to your shipping confirmation?

Agreed.

I called my credit card company to see if I could more details like others have. Turns out they CANNOT tell the difference between a pre-auth and an actual charge. So basically I still have no idea of my phone will/has been shipped out. I read that some people in the states actually got their phones before their tracking numbers (a friend of mine in fact). So im hoping its something like that.

If your card has not been charged then it means almost nothing.
I called my CC company (TD) the guy explained that Google has requested the funds to be on hold (so its in a pending or pre-authorized state). Now Google has to give a reason to TD for them to release that fund to Google, that "reason" will be shipment.

***Off Topic Story******
I was on my tablet just now. And i get an email notification. And in the notification bar I see: "Order Shipment" and my heart drops, and tap on the email, and turns out my screen protector for the Note 10.1 has shipped. !

Nick792

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I keep reading various discussion boards of people ordering late Dec 3,4 and getting their shipments in 3 days...I'm going to go disconnect my internet now...I hate life..first world problem.

Teenwolf76

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I was on my tablet just now. And i get an email notification. And in the notification bar I see: "Order Shipment" and my heart drops, and tap on the email, and turns out my screen protector for the Note 10.1 has shipped.!

The same thing happened to me yesterday, but it was a screen protector for my N4 :(

BoostC

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Me neither... I emailed today once my status changed from Pending to Pre-Order and I got the same generic response still stating December 19, 2012.

- - - Updated - - -

Me neither... I emailed today once my status changed from Pending to Pre-Order and I got the same generic response still stating December 19, 2012.

Brandon Nguyen

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Called Google about my order changing from pending to pre-order. The representative that I was talking to told me the pre-order period is just processing to check if everything is valid and it should ship by next week and I am guessing that is when shipping notification would probably be sent to us.

VertigoM

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Called Google about my order changing from pending to pre-order. The representative that I was talking to told me the pre-order period is just processing to check if everything is valid and it should ship by next week and I am guessing that is when shipping notification would probably be sent to us.

Next week? That's disappointing...

jlstee

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

If they ship next week....hey...maybe someone from Google will show up Christmas morning dressed as Santa Claus with a new phone.....

One can only hope at this point....

kuri22

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just received a "Your order has been shipped" notification email from Google. I ordered on the 3rd and was given an expected shipment date of 1-2 weeks in the confirmation email. The UPS tracking number so far only gives the status of "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated." Fingers crossed!

ImmenseBrick

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I am going to run the theory that on monday a lot of us will have a shipping email. Exactly 2 weeks after ordering. Well played google, well played. I bet those shipping emails are phantom and they will all ship next week. :( google needs to stop playing with my heart.

azmahkiani

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. Do you guys know why the dates are different for my order:

Dec 5: Google Canada Corp. received your order.
Dec 3 You placed an order with Google Canada Corp. on Dec 3. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to .....

VertigoM

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Dec 3 You placed an order with Google Canada Corp. on Dec 3. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to .....

That's odd... both my dates are Dec 3

- - - Updated - - -

I just received a "Your order has been shipped" notification email from Google. I ordered on the 3rd and was given an expected shipment date of 1-2 weeks in the confirmation email. The UPS tracking number so far only gives the status of "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated." Fingers crossed!

Where are you located? West Coast?

ImmenseBrick

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

No idea, you seem to be unique with regards to that.

MrNinjaPanda

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I am going to run the theory that on monday a lot of us will have a shipping email. Exactly 2 weeks after ordering. Well played google, well played. I bet those shipping emails are phantom and they will all ship next week. :( google needs to stop playing with my heart.

There's actually a 2 day processing time (as stated on Google Play Help page), which would explain some people got a shipping email on Wednesday (one week after+processing time). So Google has until December 19.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez