Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
@freek4iphone - nevermind - just found an old post of yours that stated you were to expect it today. glad they let you pick it up! they usually make you wait til the next day to pick up.
Have fun with your N4 tonight for the rest of us! :)

Also, I'm at a loss for words at the lack of shipping details/tracking information that UPS has provided for Vancouverites who saw their package leave Hodgkins, IL on Friday morning...

Does anyone else detest Hodgkins, IL even though they have no reason to? Lol. Kidding.

But seriously - the wait wouldn't be bad if I had some more information. But leaving me high and dry without any info is starting to get frustrating.

I mean, 5 states and a province to go through - you think they'd have crossed other checkpoints by now.
I refuse to believe that it takes UPS 5+ days for ground shipping to reach BC (at least Washington State) from Illinois.

For those of us who were given an automated reply to our first email to Google (stating that the device will ship by the 19th of December), how long do you think is a justified time to call Google and ask for our shipping charges back? I could care less about the $16.99 + taxes, but it's the principal of the matter. Why pay someone to provide a service if they cannot do so within the framework that they've created?
Hello fellow Vancouverite. I believe the reason is that the package stays on the same truck so it isn't re-scanned. If you go to www.packagemapping.com you can see that it goes directly from Hodgkins to Richmond. No stops along the way.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
BTW - i activated LTE on my Nexus 4, i am on Bell network. it's awesome, really really fast. Does any one know whether the latest available update kills LTE?
I haven't heard or read anything about it being nix yet. Let's hope it isn't.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Add me to your list.. I'm 1 - 2 weeks and still no shipping information. I ordered 12:07:19. I also got the email "According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of December 19." My hope is that it is already en route and I just haven't been notified yet like some of the others. I've called in to google a few times now and they aren't providing any valuable information whatsoever. So frustrating, especially since I am beyond the 2 weeks! What I'm wondering is it does in fact ship on the 19th (tomorrow), what are the chances that it will arrive by Monday end of day? (I'm in Vancouver)
I would unfortunately say that there is zero chance of it arriving if it leaves tomorrow. It's too far.

freek4iphone

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
did anyone update to the latest one and try LTE? As soon as i started phone, it downloaded a new update, but i am not sure it's going to keep LTE with this latest version.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
V-TECH! You got it? Awesome. Let me know how you like it. Maybe we can open up the chat room again over the holidays. Glad you got it.

Ye man! Today i finally go it :)

I love the phone, i posted a review in another topic here so you can read it.

The chat room is open all the time, feel free to visit it.

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I got a 6-7 week shipping status but my order status changed from "pending" to "pre-order" on the 12th and google is currently holding the amount of the phone on my CC.. Could this mean I might get it early or what?

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I got a 6-7 week shipping status but my order status changed from "pending" to "pre-order" on the 12th and google is currently holding the amount of the phone on my CC.. Could this mean I might get it early or what?

With Google you never know :) But dont get your hopes up to much.

Kaldrak

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I was supposed to receive my N4 today but while tracking my phone, it ended with that :

12/18/2012 21:38 Emergency conditions beyond UPS' control.

Which means I gotta wait another damn day, noooooooooooo!!!!!

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I was supposed to receive my N4 today but while tracking my phone, it ended with that :

Ouch sorry to hear that. I'm sure you will get it tomorrow.

biggianthead06

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

sorry to hear that Kaldrak! Where are you located? One of the places getting all this snowfall?

ImmenseBrick

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
@freek4iphone - nevermind - just found an old post of yours that stated you were to expect it today. glad they let you pick it up! they usually make you wait til the next day to pick up.
Have fun with your N4 tonight for the rest of us! :)

Also, I'm at a loss for words at the lack of shipping details/tracking information that UPS has provided for Vancouverites who saw their package leave Hodgkins, IL on Friday morning...

Does anyone else detest Hodgkins, IL even though they have no reason to? Lol. Kidding.

But seriously - the wait wouldn't be bad if I had some more information. But leaving me high and dry without any info is starting to get frustrating.

I mean, 5 states and a province to go through - you think they'd have crossed other checkpoints by now.
I refuse to believe that it takes UPS 5+ days for ground shipping to reach BC (at least Washington State) from Illinois.

For those of us who were given an automated reply to our first email to Google (stating that the device will ship by the 19th of December), how long do you think is a justified time to call Google and ask for our shipping charges back? I could care less about the $16.99 + taxes, but it's the principal of the matter. Why pay someone to provide a service if they cannot do so within the framework that they've created?

I hate hodgkins, IL so freaking much!!!!!

ImmenseBrick

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
V-TECH! You got it? Awesome. Let me know how you like it. Maybe we can open up the chat room again over the holidays. Glad you got it.

Brad, I love how you were one of the first to get ship notice, and like me will be one of the last 2 weekers to actually get it. Once again the price for living in the west. Saf face :(

maxod

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Add me to your list.. I'm 1 - 2 weeks and still no shipping information. I ordered 12:07:19. I also got the email "According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of December 19." My hope is that it is already en route and I just haven't been notified yet like some of the others. I've called in to google a few times now and they aren't providing any valuable information whatsoever. So frustrating, especially since I am beyond the 2 weeks! What I'm wondering is it does in fact ship on the 19th (tomorrow), what are the chances that it will arrive by Monday end of day? (I'm in Vancouver)

I'm hoping V-Tech's theory that it is shipping to some of us with no shipping confirm or tracking email is right. So far no one in Metro Vancouver has received theirs yet and Badbrad was the first on here I think to get the shipping confirm. So has anyone received their phone without ever getting a shipping confirm email?

ImmenseBrick

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping V-Tech's theory that it is shipping to some of us with no shipping confirm or tracking email is right. So far no one in Metro Vancouver has received theirs yet and Badbrad was the first on here I think to get the shipping confirm. So has anyone received their phone without ever getting a shipping confirm email?

I really hope so dude. I need the entire group to make it through, otherwise it ill feel like a tainted victory when I receive mine.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Brad, I love how you were one of the first to get ship notice, and like me will be one of the last 2 weekers to actually get it. Once again the price for living in the west. Saf face :(
From hero to zero. Lol. The fact that I was first is the last thread of joy I have. It's the rain tax.

maxod

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
That truck heading for Richmond, BC better not be broken down or jacked. I'm excited for you BC guys who are getting it on the 19th or 20th.