StraightTalk AT&T APN setting issues.

Rodney B

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like you are not in the U.S. ? What country are you in? MCC and MNC should have been put in automatically after the sim card was finished activating from straight talk. Those are automatic depending on your location.

Steven Hecker

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem... entering all the exact same settings....click save and it just disappears....like I never entered a new APN....Help Please

Jei Choi

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
This just saved me.... I was dealing with no internet on my Samsung Galaxy s3 for about 2 weeks!!!

THANKS A BUNCH! ^______________^

anon(5709734)

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I've had my N4 on straight talk for almost a month now and I'm really happy with it. And took some messing around with the APN settings to get it just right. The ones that work best for me are the 2 separate settings. One for data and text and one for MMS.

I just Googled Ultimate APN settings for nexus 4 on straight talk and I got the site that shows them. Always remember to restart your phone after changing APN settings. And if you use almost 6 GB they are definitely flagging your account if not straight up canceling it.

woxofoh

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
You saved my brand new Captivate from becoming a $200 brick with these settings after trying an upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich. I was using an E71 Nokia SIM card from my ST phone . The Genuis (and I'm not kidding here) at Walmart said it was the only unlocked SIM card ST used and it would run in any ATT phone since Walmart use the ATT network through Tracphone for some phones. He was right but my attempt at an upgrade went bad - don't upgrade over the phone use Keis and a cable. thanks again.

jimmybob23

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
When I enter the information as you have it listed and hit save, the entire apn disappears as if I never entered anything... help???

you cant change the settings of the MCC or MNC those are directly defaulted to your sim card, so your phone deletes it because they wouldnt work.

as for me, im running an atrix 2 and ive tried all the settings in the first couple of posts and got nothing, data still doesnt work. (mind any grammar mistakes or typos i might have)

dhensly

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a htc one x and went to change my setting APN setting but in my set up I don't have an APN Protocol or the APN Roaming Protocol option but I do have an MMS Protocol option just needin a lil help. and also receive pic but send them?? any one no??

jimmybob23

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a htc one x and went to change my setting APN setting but in my set up I don't have an APN Protocol or the APN Roaming Protocol option but I do have an MMS Protocol option just needin a lil help. and also receive pic but send them?? any one no??

i finally got mine working, and i have the same issue, i can receive data, but sending a pic either takes its sweet time or just doesnt send, as for the protocols, dont worry about the they shouldnt matter too much

Heather Galya

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Ok well first off I was told by HTC for my DNA on Straight Talk it is an APN setting and to call Straight talk I did this and rec anyone trying this first as they will help you with APN settings. However I was still not able to recieve mms until I downloaded the app called Handcent SMS off of google play and now I can send a recieve all mms and everything else still works great. I hope this helps everyone having trouble.

pcrepair123

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you this worked great for me. I have been trying to find this for about an hour being the apn st sent didnt work on my htc vivid.... Working great now, running 4g very fast!!!!!! Thanks again... :)

i set up my prepaid straighttalk at&t apn settings as recommended (though i did leave some of the already filled in parts as they were). I was consistently getting less than 1 meg down and about 1 meg up. Then i changed the proxy to blank and the port to blank (recommended from an xda thread) and my speeds went to 5 to 7 meg down and still about 1 up. I have 4 bars of h on my signal indicator. I was wondering if any of you have different apn settings that might be working better.

Here are my current settings (getting speeds of 5-7 and 1):

Name: Straight talk
apn: Att.mvno
proxy: Not set
port: Not set
user name: Not set
password: Not set
server: Not set
mmsc: http://mmsc.cingular.com
mms proxy: 66.209.11.33
mms port: 80
mcc: 310
mnc: 410
authentication type: Not set
apn type: Not set
apn protocol: Ipv4
apn enable/disable: Apn enabled (this is grayed out with a check mark in the box)
bearer: Unspecified

thanks for your help.

ase757whiz

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
i think ST is using a t-mobile sim now and i have a att phone. whenever i change the mcc or mnc i cant save it the apn setting. my internet works with the trac fone settings (ie: wap.tracfone) but it is terrible. i have a motorola atrix 2. any suggestions? ive tried every suggestion on the net and none of them works except the wap.tracfone settings...

Ty Adams Olinghouse

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
can i take my sim card out of my straight talk phone and put it in my old droid and it will work? sorry if this has been asked before, i searched but dont think i had correct keywords

Ty Adams Olinghouse

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
can i take my sim card out of my straight talk phone and put it in my old droid and it will work? sorry if this has been asked before, i searched but dont think i had correct keywords

Bill Brown3

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I got me chines phone and itst not working on anything I did have it going on the man with the pics but couldn't send pics with it and now I cant get his program to enin work with it and now when I make a call with it the screen flaces like it did be for any segestions or programs I live in Indiana thanks bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress