Nexus 4 in other countries?

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Even though Nexus 4 has a long wait list in America, why does Google feel like it is smart to open the Nexus 4 in other countries, where it has been sold out a has a respectively large wait list too. I mean shouldn't they fullfill their wait list in one place and then expand?

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Even though Nexus 4 has a long wait list in America, why does Google feel like it is smart to open the Nexus 4 in other countries, where it has been sold out a has a respectively large wait list too. I mean shouldn't they fullfill their wait list in one place and then expand?

I believe that after the first order they understood the demand for the device and just make more phones now and divide the batches by countries. For example i saw that in the UK and Germany people that ordered after people in the US received the phone after only couple of days after reservation and much faster than the people in the US.

Fraser Carter

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
So america gets everything and other countries like Australia or UK has to wait ? First off Australian and UK currency is worth more than US Currency really if they were smart they would capitalise on those markets to maximise profits... But let's not go there buddy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

nishantnm

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I guess problem of nexus 4 16gb is OK now in uk...
Only 8 GB ones are an issue....

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So america gets everything and other countries like Australia or UK has to wait ? First off Australian and UK currency is worth more than US Currency really if they were smart they would capitalise on those markets to maximise profits... But let's not go there buddy.

I'm not saying that, I'm just saying shouldn't they prioritize it first or something? Dunno and if you knew anything about economics, you would know that the price of a good in UK is generally the same price it is in US if you convert it... A majority of the price is increased because of the fact that they have to ship it there and it isn't manufactured in america or china or something... I understand that they want money because they are a business but they have a ton of requests to fill out, it's not like they are running out of requests.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Nothing to do with currency.

The US has over 300 million people living there, the UK has around 65 million i think and Australia less than 25 million.

Where do you think it's better to sell a product?!

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm not saying that, I'm just saying shouldn't they prioritize it first or something? Dunno and if you knew anything about economics, you would know that the price of a good in UK is generally the same price it is in US if you convert it... A majority of the price is increased because of the fact that they have to ship it there and it isn't manufactured in america or china or something... I understand that they want money because they are a business but they have a ton of requests to fill out, it's not like they are running out of requests.

There has been a lot of talk here (and other places) about the poor job Google did with the release of this product, starting for the order process, production amounts and shipping. That's been covered already, no one thinks that any part of this was good.

I believe that they should have done it the same way Apple does, start the sale and keep it up with backorders. This way people can still order but it will take several weeks to ship it. At the same time see how much demand they have and with that maybe increase production to cover all orders as soon as they can, even in shorter time than said in the order.

I hope that they learned something from this and in the future it will be better.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
There has been a lot of talk here (and other places) about the poor job Google did with the release of this product, starting for the order process, production amounts and shipping. That's been covered already, no one thinks that any part of this was good.

I believe that they should have done it the same way Apple does, start the sale and keep it up with backorders. This way people can still order but it will take several weeks to ship it. At the same time see how much demand they have and with that maybe increase production to cover all orders as soon as they can, even in shorter time than said in the order.

I hope that they learned something from this and in the future it will be better.

yeah... I agree that Google did a bad job releasing the product but I'm questioning why they are expanding to other countries even with all the pre-orders. Some people are even speculating that google did this as a publicity stunt to gain more news about the Nexus 4, causing more people to want to buy it.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
yeah... I agree that Google did a bad job releasing the product but I'm questioning why they are expanding to other countries even with all the pre-orders. Some people are even speculating that google did this as a publicity stunt to gain more news about the Nexus 4, causing more people to want to buy it.

Well, there are few possibilities for them doing it (that's what i think):

1. Make a buzz around the phone making people want it even more. Apple does it all the time and if you take them as example then they know for sure that basically any and every amount of devices they create before the first day of sale will be sold due to the huge apple fan base and their history. But they still decide to create only X amount of phones/tablets and then backorder and let other people wait a bit.
2. There is a possibility that each country get's it's own amount of devices regardless of how many of them were ordered in other countries. I dont know how many devices their (LG) factory can make a day but i guess they make batches for each country. So there is a possibility (and it happened from what i saw here in the forum) that someone in the US can order a phone and wait 5-6 weeks when 2 days later someone in Germany can order a device and get a shipping of only few days.